Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

thequeuelinelectures

Still curious about what this means…
F93A39BF-69EB-45C2-A72A-9C8ED2753891.jpeg

waltography

I don't recognize that octopus pulling the plug shot from the DHS version, and I can't find it from a cursory look at a few POVs. Is it new or am I blanking?

Still curious about what this means… View attachment 694784
I wonder if it might be a subtweet to the Mario Kart ride? I know that queue also features racing costumes of all the characters, but I wouldn't have made that parallel so it must be something more obvious?

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes

Alright, where is Roger Rabbit parody movie posters, my guess his film will be Maroon Cartoon Studios Presents Roger Rabbityear of the Toon Command starring Roger Rabbit (as Roger Rabbityear), Jessica Rabbit (as Princess Honey Bunny) and Baby Herman (as Little Rookie), which features the villians: the Toon Patrol weasels (along Smart Guy as Emperor Weaurg).

Californian Elitist

Alright, where is Roger Rabbit parody movie posters, my guess his film will be Maroon Cartoon Studios Presents Roger Rabbityear of the Toon Command starring Roger Rabbit (as Roger Rabbityear), Jessica Rabbit (as Princess Honey Bunny) and Baby Herman (as Little Rookie), which features the villians: the Toon Patrol weasels (along Smart Guy as Emperor Weaurg).
Why would there be Roger Rabbit parody movie posters in this queue?

yensidtlaw1969

While I would say it appears minorly improved over the Hollywood Studios version (referring mainly to the ride - the queue is an obvious improvement), I would also say it still isn't even the best ride in Toontown.

waltography

I don't recognize that octopus pulling the plug shot from the DHS version, and I can't find it from a cursory look at a few POVs. Is it new or am I blanking?
Found my answer while spoiling the ride. Spoilers for some of the differences I caught in the POV:

• The opening tunnel is right ahead as opposed to hanging left in the DHS version.
  • The tornado is a circular room rather than the pass through in DHS; much better laid out.
  • The squid pulling the plug takes the place of the storm drain transition between the ocean and the cityscape.
  • The last bit of the ride has a lot of minor tweaks to the ride layout, including where we exit from the dance practice, what we see entering the factory, and a tunnel/bridge crossing into the park finale that doesn't exist in the DHS version.

Overall, I think the changes make a lot of sense and do wonders to increase the energy and make it feel a little more hectic and cartoony.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom