Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway SPOILER Thread

britain

The art direction would have been so much better than this modern CalArts stuff.

Boo, I say. Richard Williams has his merits, but I absolutely ADORE the new Mickey shorts' synthesis of 30's bounciness with 60's storybook illustration.

And what a treat to see it in three-dimensional real life! Brush strokes everywhere! Color bleeding outside the ink edges! Bravo!

Josh Hendy

The art direction would have been so much better than this modern CalArts stuff.
Is it not a teeny bit jarring that Mickey walking around the parks has a certain look, and the ride has this pseudo-retro look? I wonder if this is the real reason why they added the Mickey Shorts theater ... to get people used to the fact that Mickey hasn't always been the same.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Is it not a teeny bit jarring that Mickey walking around the parks has a certain look, and the ride has this pseudo-retro look? I wonder if this is the real reason why they added the Mickey Shorts theater ... to get people used to the fact that Mickey hasn't always been the same.

It’s probably a little bit of that...but also just to introduce people to the shorts as a whole.

Parker in NYC

Have you ever met some of the janky looking princesses and princes? I’m sure people can put two and two together.

skiir97

I wonder how similar this ride's trackless tech is to Rise before Dawn tech. Will it have the reliability problems?

I might be wrong but I remember reading something about MMRR being delayed because when issues were discovered in Rise’s trackless system, Imagaineering realized those same issues existed in MMRR. Not sure how true this is though.

And in terms of reliability, it’s been hinted at that the major issues left to deal with in Rise are the elevators, something that MMRR doesn’t have.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I wonder how similar this ride's trackless tech is to Rise before Dawn tech. Will it have the reliability problems?

I'm not sure the issue with RotR is with the fact that the vehicles are trackless. Disney has had trackless vehicles for quite some time doing as much as MMRR does (Mystic Manor, Pooh's Hunny Hunt, Rat...). All of these other rides have pretty good reliability. I have no inside knowledge, but if I had to guess, I'd imagine that the reliability issues with Rise are more with the lifts/drops (as that was the only real part of the ride system that was even somewhat unique).

Castle Cake Apologist

I'm pretty sure most people are familiar with the fact that Mickey has different looks, so I don't really see it being an issue.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm pretty sure most people are familiar with the fact that Mickey has different looks, so I don't really see it being an issue.
Exactly. That's why they do evolution art of characters..
DrJyH5KX4Acr5qw.jpg

yensidtlaw1969

No not even close.
I’ll give a fuller review when I get the chance, but after riding twice today my preliminary thoughts are that if Spaceship Earth is to The Great Movie Ride so Runaway Railway is to Ratatouille with the Frozen Troll Animatronics thrown in.

It’s cute. I like it. I’ll ride it again. This for SURE should have been a new construction in the Animation Courtyard rather than replacing The Great Movie Ride. There just isn’t fair comparison between the two. But being that it’s here and it’s open, I enjoy what it is. There are some fun tricks. I wish there was a little more to it overall.

Not sure I’d call it an E-Ticket. Rise of the Resistance is for SURE an E-Ticket. I think Mickey is a high D-Ticket.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom