Mickey and Friends New Signs

Darkbeer1

Plain and simple, it is really bad show.

All amusement parks have a sign department. In a matter of minutes, basic art work can be made on a computer, printed on a plastic sheet and attached to pressboard or other stiff material. Any decent handyman should then be able to attach it to a fence or other surface.

If there is an issue with the sign shop, let me recommend...

Www.fastsigns.com

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

Thank you! Happy others got a laugh out of this. I know some may say this is too cynical, but cardboard with poorly written pen as official signs for the parking lot really cracked the wife and I up after our day at the parks. It is the last thing people will see at the end of their day.

Hope you two have a great time at the parks! DCA is looking to be fairly slow so far today.

Last night was far busier, Disneyland hit about 57k guests around 9pm

George Lucas on a Bench

One more old-school option.

Assign a few CM's to the area to give directions and answer guests questions until new signs are installed.

And spend money?

tumblr_n1nbftQqqy1rrkahjo2_250.gif

BubbaQuest

Travel Junkie

WDI would charge $25K per sign and create an elaborate backstory involving Mickey and his pals hand drawing them so their friends would not get lost on their way back to their car from visiting them.

Then the Disney Parks Blog post would write about and be picked up by every Disney related blog around. Such a missed opportunity.

Darkbeer1

I just came up with a couple of ideas...

First, Disney should hire a few Sign Twirlers (Like the ones Subway, New Homes, Free Cell Phones) use to help give directions. The problem is, the sign ends up pointing in all directions, confusing the guests even more.

Here is a version that Bob would approve of...

And the better idea, one where Disney can help the community at the same time.

Hire a few homeless, well, not hire, just allow them to sit on DLR property holding provided Cardboard signs, Let the homeless add a line at the bottom, such as "I need a beer" and a donation bucket. Tell them where to sit along the fence (Allows them a place to rest their back).

lazyboy97o

WDI would charge $25K per sign and create an elaborate backstory involving Mickey and his pals hand drawing them so their friends would not get lost on their way back to their car from visiting them.

Then the Disney Parks Blog post would write about and be picked up by every Disney related blog around. Such a missed opportunity.
This is just a ridiculous exaggeration. Those sign would cost at lease a cool million.

Anjin

I just came up with a couple of ideas...

First, Disney should hire a few Sign Twirlers (Like the ones Subway, New Homes, Free Cell Phones) use to help give directions. The problem is, the sign ends up pointing in all directions, confusing the guests even more.

Here is a version that Bob would approve of...

And the better idea, one where Disney can help the community at the same time.

Hire a few homeless, well, not hire, just allow them to sit on DLR property holding provided Cardboard signs, Let the homeless add a line at the bottom, such as "I need a beer" and a donation bucket. Tell them where to sit along the fence (Allows them a place to rest their back).

Well, now you've got me wanting animatronic sign spinners. Time to get Garner Holt on the phone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom