Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2019

Crazydisneyfanluke

I started attending about 6 years ago and the crowds were light. Walk- on for all rides, a 10-20 min wait for special character meet and greets. My last MNSSHP was 2 years ago and the crowds had increased to the point you had to wait for rides, character meet and greets were nearly 45 mins. There were even long lines for candy. I saw there was no more value in going anymore, there are to many people.

We went this past Friday the 27th. Was wayyyy overcrowded for what you pay for. Lines for candy & rides were long, lines for getting any of the special desserts were long & a lot of people were complaining which is totally understandable. AP holder here, love WDW but this really put me off ever attending again - it was my first time so I wanted to try it out. Glad I did but probably won’t do it again.
HOWEVER we did do Cruellas Party - that was awesome, gave you the “magical” experience & Cruella was great! So glad to meet her! Plus the parade watching area made our night!!!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
We went this past Friday the 27th. Was wayyyy overcrowded for what you pay for. Lines for candy & rides were long, lines for getting any of the special desserts were long & a lot of people were complaining which is totally understandable. AP holder here, love WDW but this really put me off ever attending again - it was my first time so I wanted to try it out. Glad I did but probably won’t do it again.
HOWEVER we did do Cruellas Party - that was awesome, gave you the “magical” experience & Cruella was great! So glad to meet her! Plus the parade watching area made our night!!!
I'm glad you thought the additional $99 per person to avoid mingling with the masses during the parade was worth the price... how much did the total evening cost you?

Timmay

Attended a week ago today. Completely oversold. Reminiscent of a regular park day. What originally was promoted as an event with lower than usual crowds has now morphed into a regular park evening with special themeing.

I wonder if the MNSSHP Annual Pass has something to do with it. If you're a local, Friday and Sunday would be the opportune times to take advantage.
The 22nd was our first and last party. Way too crowded for the price compared to what you get. Just my opinion.

oogie boogie man

I've been to MNSSHP recently, they are really overselling at these now. Plus they have the event seasonal ticket where people can come over and over again for 1 price.

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
The 22nd was our first and last party. Way too crowded for the price compared to what you get. Just my opinion.

That's my biggest issue. The crowd, in this type of an environment, really cheapens the experience.

I look at it this way (and it pretty much mirrors the past experience I had).

Party starts at 7pm and you've got basically what 5-6 hours.

Spent 2 hours in various character lines which were insanely long.
Spent another almost two hours positioning, waiting and finally watching the Sanderson Sisters, The Parade, and the Fireworks.
Which Left about an hour to hit (or at least try to) the 8 or so trick or treat booths. - Each overly crowded with lines anywhere from 5 -10 minutes. Didn't make it to all of them.
Was able to go on 2 rides
And then left with the hoard at closing.

The entire night just felt unnecessarily rushed.

Going back a few years. I remember being able to hit all the booths, see the parade, shows, and fireworks, go on a few rides, and still had time to grab a bite at a QS - all at a very leisurely pace.

I wish they would either: Cut back on the crowd (which they won't give up the revenue), or extend the party. Start it an hour early and end it an hour later.

KikoKea

We were at the party on the 27th and 29th, and it is not nearly as much fun as it used to be. We have APs, and the Halloween Parties have been our very favorite for years. This year, we applied our already purchased party tickets to a Party Pass (we got a refund on the difference, so actually saved us $) so are attending 4 during our week's stay. Honestly, it is just too crowded. We were considering running back down in Oct for a few more, but not now.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
That's my biggest issue. The crowd, in this type of an environment, really cheapens the experience.

I look at it this way (and it pretty much mirrors the past experience I had).

Party starts at 7pm and you've got basically what 5-6 hours.

Spent 2 hours in various character lines which were insanely long.
Spent another almost two hours positioning, waiting and finally watching the Sanderson Sisters, The Parade, and the Fireworks.
Which Left about an hour to hit (or at least try to) the 8 or so trick or treat booths. - Each overly crowded with lines anywhere from 5 -10 minutes. Didn't make it to all of them.
Was able to go on 2 rides
And then left with the hoard at closing.

The entire night just felt unnecessarily rushed.

Going back a few years. I remember being able to hit all the booths, see the parade, shows, and fireworks, go on a few rides, and still had time to grab a bite at a QS - all at a very leisurely pace.

I wish they would either: Cut back on the crowd (which they won't give up the revenue), or extend the party. Start it an hour early and end it an hour later.
Coming soon: Mickey's Not-So-Scary Frontierland Halloween Party, Minnie's Not-So-Scary Fantasyland Halloween Party, Goofy's Not-So-Scary Adventureland Halloween Party, Donald's Not-So-Scary Liberty Square Halloween Party, Daisy's Not-So-Scary Tomorrowland Halloween Party, and Bob Chapek's Not-So-Scary-But-Really-Expensive Main Street USA Halloween Party Shopping Experience.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Did two parties 9/22 and 9/29 both of which were sellouts. The first party we entered at 7 and it was unpleasantly crowded till 10 and even after its nothing like parties going back even 5 years ago when it was limited admittance. The second party we entered after 9 because we just didn't want to get crushed by people, and structured it so that we did all the rides after fireworks. At that point it was mostly walk on.

It's not a special limited event anymore, its as @xdan0920 says selling the parks out twice a day. I know guest services does give refunds, and after the first one I was very tempted to do it.

I'm glad you thought the additional $99 per person to avoid mingling with the masses during the parade was worth the price... how much did the total evening cost you?
Not sure about the total night cost yet since I have to sit down & examine my CC bill. Lol
But I will say the Cruella Party was worth it. They opened early at 9pm not 930pm (we got there by 850 cuz we were done wth the crowds), the wait staff was waiting by the door with wine & champagne already poured in hand, & the food was being cooked & was hot. Plus it was NOT a crowded party for us. CMs were totally on point & gracious & Cruella went to each table, mingled with guests & she really seemed to interact with everyone there - she even wanted us to come back when we were leaving for the parade to have a couple more drinks with her. That’s what made the cost worth it to us. 😁

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Am I missing the positive experiences or have people only had bad experiences? My family bought tickets and will be down in three weeks but I am wondering if I should return the tickets and do something else.

"the park was super crowded" doesn't mean we had bad experiences. The park was more crowded during the party than it was during any of our park days. That was unexpected and not the greatest. But we still had a really fun time at the party

dizneeboy

Am I missing the positive experiences or have people only had bad experiences? My family bought tickets and will be down in three weeks but I am wondering if I should return the tickets and do something else.

Everyone seems to have the same perception that the event is overcrowded (myself included). I still had an enjoyable time but it wasnt' the same value as it was just a few short years ago. If crowds, and "not getting to do everything you want because you thought you were buying a limited experience", bothers you I'd say to skip it. It was legit overcrowded.

We never had trouble finding a good spot for the parade and fireworks in the past but did this time. We have always watched hocus pocus at midnight and were close to the stage but barely made it to the middle of the hub this year and that was after the mass exodus. If you do go, and have been in the past, just go in with lowered expectations and you should be fine ; )

KikoKea

I would suggest you take time to check out what's going on at the party and read a few reviews on the Internet, and then plan your evening according to what is most important- rides, shows, etc. The party can be fun, but if you went in the past, it is much more crowded, which is disappointing. But, it is worth doing at least once- just be sure to dress in costume, because that is the fun part. The parade and Hocus Pocus are terrific, so don't miss them (be sure to be in position for the parade early so you don't miss the Headless Horseman). Don't waste time at the beginning lining up for candy- the lines are long and disorganized, and they will be nearly empty later that night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom