Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2019

Jeffxz

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party sold out for September 27

Is this because this is the last weekend night with the lower pricing? I'm planning to go next week. For those of you that have gone in the past few years, would you recommend Sunday 9/29 or Thursday 10/3? Thursday is +$20 per ticket, but there is only 2 of us and I'd be willing to spend the extra for a better experience if crowds would be significantly lower. We're mainly interested in the stage shows, fireworks, parades and the special rides.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Is this because this is the last weekend night with the lower pricing? I'm planning to go next week. For those of you that have gone in the past few years, would you recommend Sunday 9/29 or Thursday 10/3? Thursday is +$20 per ticket, but there is only 2 of us and I'd be willing to spend the extra for a better experience if crowds would be significantly lower. We're mainly interested in the stage shows, fireworks, parades and the special rides.
Yes that would be my guess - pricing related.

Weekdays may be a better bet - less locals, and the higher price may result in lower crowds.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
wondering out loud, is it possible the number of sold party passes take away from the available inventory of regular party night tickets for all parties? Maintains the upper limit but also leads to more sellouts so it can look like the popularity is up?

dreamfinder912

wondering out loud, is it possible the number of sold party passes take away from the available inventory of regular party night tickets for all parties? Maintains the upper limit but also leads to more sellouts so it can look like the popularity is up?

Yep, party passes are "factored in." To what extent, who knows. Though I don't think an overwhelming number of people bought them this year. Until we see if more in October sell out, I'd agree with others and say these dates are selling out because theyre the last of the "inexpensive" nights

wdwfan22

Sales are so slow this year for the party that they have added Cast Members in selected resorts as designated sales people (blog mickey's site has pictures I beleive) for the party. They are trying everything to boost sales with the exception of lowering ticket prices.

cjkeating

Sales are so slow this year for the party that they have added Cast Members in selected resorts as designated sales people (blog mickey's site has pictures I beleive) for the party. They are trying everything to boost sales with the exception of lowering ticket prices.

I saw these cast members/podiums at the beginning of September in the Contemporary and Poly.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If by "slow" they're counting in the extra-early August dates, then I wouldn't account that to a trend. Mid-September this year should be compared to mid-September last year and not average in those ridiculously early August dates.

Figments Friend

Here at WDW now, and staying at the All Star Music Resort.

I have noticed this visit that the 'Let's Boo This' marketing signage and other related elements promoting the party are everywhere.
They always had flyers, and maybe a sign in the lobby, but this year that has multiplied.

Signs are everywhere in the lobby, food court, and even window clings on the windows and doors.
Nothing in the actual rooms though, not even a flyer.
During the party nighs, a fun dimensional photo spot is set up in the lobby however which is a cool addition.

They definitely seem to be trying to increase awareness of this event visually.

-

wdwfan22

If by "slow" they're counting in the extra-early August dates, then I wouldn't account that to a trend. Mid-September this year should be compared to mid-September last year and not average in those ridiculously early August dates.
September has been slower than they like to see. And the first party in August last year sold out as did a few in September.

atlien

We were at the party on 9/24 and it was very crowded. This is our third party and probably our last as it wasn't as fun as years past. the crowds and ride wait times dropped significantly after the fireworks but we had kids with us who were pretty much done at that point. I feel like these parties are oversold or are getting more popular. The lines for the treat trails were also very long. We took home half the candy this year then we have previous years too.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I saw these cast members/podiums at the beginning of September in the Contemporary and Poly.

They had brochures and advertisements at the check in desk for California Grill last week when we were there. It was the most advertising I’ve ever seen for the party. It was actually kind of sad.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Attended a week ago today. Completely oversold. Reminiscent of a regular park day. What originally was promoted as an event with lower than usual crowds has now morphed into a regular park evening with special themeing.

I wonder if the MNSSHP Annual Pass has something to do with it. If you're a local, Friday and Sunday would be the opportune times to take advantage.

Why not? August 2018 was deemed successful so MNSSHP is currently planned for 8/16/19, 8/20, 8/23, 8/27, 8/30. I believe that’s one more than August 2018.
When MNSSHP first came out the crowd levels were amazing, and character interactions were so much fun. Last year or party night was so unbelievably crowded it took away a lot of the magic for the night. I am glad that we had several different party nights to compare it with because if that had been our first party night, I am not so sure that we would have done it again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom