Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2019

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
This is a fine looking addition but I don’t understand why Monsters Inc, Nightmare before Christmas, Hocus Pocus, and Coco haven’t made it into the parade.
MI gets a new treat trail this year.

NBC is a focus of the new fireworks. If only the name suggested that...

Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular.

Coco was deemed an Epcot property.

Tip Top Club

NBC is a focus of the new fireworks. If only the name suggested that...

Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular.

By that logic just cut Mickey, Pirates, and Mansion units cause you can see them elsewhere. Just an observation haha.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
By that logic just cut Mickey, Pirates, and Mansion units cause you can see them elsewhere. Just an observation haha.
No—they are highlighting specific groups in the MNSSHP-exclusive package. Why double-dip?

Coco would fit over by Pecos Bill but don’t Cadaver Dans perform there? I think they are cooler than what’s already presented in World Showcase.

Tip Top Club

I understand that initial reaction, but I don’t understand what these characters have to do with Halloween. I understand the different themed land approach and I’m excited to hear the Tomorrowland loop on the parade route for once. But that theme is really arbitrary. I would have gone a different way, that’s all.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I understand that initial reaction, but I don’t understand what these characters have to do with Halloween. I understand the different themed land approach and I’m excited to hear the Tomorrowland loop on the parade route for once. But that theme is really arbitrary. I would have gone a different way, that’s all.
Ever seen a child dress as Buzz for Halloween? I’m sure you will this year.

COProgressFan

It's been around at least since 1987, you can spot it at 9:55.
Sorry for complaining, I usually just lurk because I know my views aren't gonna be shared by everyone here. I just think it's a little silly that they're trying to pass this off as new. Good for them for making changes still, but the parade's been around in this form for 14 years now.

Wow, haven't seen that video before. It was fun to see live music, ambitious dance moves, an army of performers, Goofy on a horse, and trees with actual shade in the Magic Kingdom!

And back on topic, after taking a break from the Halloween party for quite a few years (we loved it a decade ago), we'll be trying it again this year. Partly because the timing of our trip will allow it, but also because it actually seems like they've been putting forth some effort to make it a better event the past few years. Particularly excited for the fireworks, and I hope my kids will make it that late!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

An interactive one! I hope that means that going in there for candy means chatting with the characters on screen like with Turtle Talk.

I just hope the tradeoff isn't a larger admittance cap.

Unfortunately, the DPB added the tip to see the second parade since it will be less crowded. That tells me they intend to continue to oversell this upcharge event. Last year, there was literally not enough room for everyone to see the first parade and they were continually announcing in the whole park that there's a second parade, so, come to that if you can't find room to see the first. I made a comment to the blog post about that, let's see if they approve it to be publicly seen.

Since when are IPs limited to one park? Aren't Buzz and Incredibles a DHS property?

They are really ramping up the party this year, fantastic! On the other hand, I feel like a fake fan because I had no idea the parade units represented the lands of the Magic Kingdom until now :cyclops:🤦‍♂️

I didn't know that until someone explained the seemingly inexplicable appearance of a rooster in a tower to me.

I'd like to see the parade let go of trying to advertise their lands and just use the IP from anywhere in Disneyana that fits a Halloween parade. The stage show doesn't advertise the lands (like the Christmas stage show does).

By doing that, then they can bring in Coco, Sorcerer Mickey, Tomatoa and dancing Kakamora with a sloth monster, Monsters Inc, etc... Then some of the usual villains can have their own float instead of lumped together at the end.

jrhwdw

An interactive one! I hope that means that going in there for candy means chatting with the characters on screen like with Turtle Talk.

Unfortunately, the DPB added the tip to see the second parade since it will be less crowded. That tells me they intend to continue to oversell this upcharge event. Last year, there was literally not enough room for everyone to see the first parade and they were continually announcing in the whole park that there's a second parade, so, come to that if you can't find room to see the first. I made a comment to the blog post about that, let's see if they approve it to be publicly seen.

Since when are IPs limited to one park? Aren't Buzz and Incredibles a DHS property?

I didn't know that until someone explained the seemingly inexplicable appearance of a rooster in a tower to me.

I'd like to see the parade let go of trying to advertise their lands and just use the IP from anywhere in Disneyana that fits a Halloween parade. The stage show doesn't advertise the lands (like the Christmas stage show does).

By doing that, then they can bring in Coco, Sorcerer Mickey, Tomatoa and dancing Kakamora with a sloth monster, Monsters Inc, etc... Then some of the usual villains can have their own float instead of lumped together at the end.
That tip has been around since MSEP 1972, IDK if that means that their letting more people in.

wdwfan22

People will literally complain about anything. They are pulling out all the stops on this year's party and I applaud them for it.

I wouldn't say they are pulling out all the stops for this years party. The only thing that's new is the fireworks show. I'm really hoping the fireworks show is great. Parade tweaks have been happening for years and the the attraction overlays have been done before and are nothing major. Since the cost of the party conitnues to increase the parade should have been replaced by now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom