Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2019

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I guess I’m stupid for going.
I wouldn’t label you “stupid” for going to a repetitive Halloween event in August who’s cost has risen 300% in 15 years...you’re too hard on yourself.

Now...blind allegiance to bob iger and indiscriminately pouring money down his bottomless well?...then we might need to talk🤨

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Nope. Some feel that just because they would not go during that period it shouldn't be happening.

My sense (and what I've been told) is that these 'early' dates were added to meet a guest demand that they start sooner so more people with kids that start school at the beginning of September could have the opportunity to attend the parties. The fact that they sell well seems to confirm there is indeed a demand for them so Disney adjusted to meet the demand of their guests. I too am not a fan of going to the Halloween party in the depth of summer heat but you know how I deal with that? I don't disparage those who choose to go- I just don't go then myself. But that's just me.

Or perhaps it’s a problem because it’s a recurring pattern of limiting the park hours of the regular ticket, devaluing them, and creating somewhat artificial demand for a captive audience in high cost upsell events?

But to each their own. Some think “me, today” others are more “Us, tomorrow”

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Or perhaps it’s a problem because it’s a recurring pattern of limiting the park hours of the regular ticket, devaluing them, and creating somewhat artificial demand for a captive audience in high cost upsell events?

But to each their own. Some think “me, today” others are more “Us, tomorrow”
I, in general, agree with your assessment that this is troubling. However, in August in particular, I find the effect to be negligible as there are only 2 parties per week and crowds are low. October is a nightmare, but it's been busy for awhile now anyway.

It is increasingly difficult to navigate around before- and after-hours events. It used to just be EMH you had to work around. Now it's Early Morning Magic, Disney After Hours, and the MK parties in addition to EMH. It's like a jigsaw puzzle trying to schedule your park plan if you want to avoid artificially-elevated crowds. As an example, only once did I venture into Toy Story Land on an Early Morning Magic day. Never again.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I, in general, agree with your assessment that this is troubling. However, in August in particular, I find the effect to be negligible as there are only 2 parties per week and crowds are low. October is a nightmare, but it's been busy for awhile now anyway.

It is increasingly difficult to navigate around before- and after-hours events. It used to just be EMH you had to work around. Now it's Early Morning Magic, Disney After Hours, and the MK parties in addition to EMH. It's like a jigsaw puzzle trying to schedule your park plan if you want to avoid artificially-elevated crowds. As an example, only once did I venture into Toy Story Land on an Early Morning Magic day. Never again.
I get you...I’m not hammering you here...

But we are heading towards “block pricing” and the wdw clientele - in particular - are far to self absorbed and dim witted to have any chance of seeing it or mitigating it.

New management hopefully is more “jolly”...but I doubt it.

It’s funny you mentioned Toy story land and emh. We decided to go at 7 am with another party to try slinky last September...the day AFTER Labor Day. Should not have been a problem.

The posted wait time was 85 minutes at 7:06...not enough people even entered the park prior to justify that. It was inflated - of course - but the “6 am” for “SWGEXYZ” that has been casually posted round here as a “plan” won’t work.

But the “Jedi magic” premium event from 7-10 pm surely will. And at $149...it’s a no brainer, isn’t it?

jrhwdw

I'm not going to complain about MNSSHP in August anymore. Not when I drive by a house and there's a skeleton out already! Week after July 4th mind you. And there's Halloween stuff in 1 store I went too. Again, a week after July 4th in Brookfield WI!

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I get you...I’m not hammering you here...

But we are heading towards “block pricing” and the wdw clientele - in particular - are far to self absorbed and dim witted to have any chance of seeing it or mitigating it.

New management hopefully is more “jolly”...but I doubt it.

It’s funny you mentioned Toy story land and emh. We decided to go at 7 am with another party to try slinky last September...the day AFTER Labor Day. Should not have been a problem.

The posted wait time was 85 minutes at 7:06...not enough people even entered the park prior to justify that. It was inflated - of course - but the “6 am” for “SWGEXYZ” that has been casually posted round here as a “plan” won’t work.

But the “Jedi magic” premium event from 7-10 pm surely will. And at $149...it’s a no brainer, isn’t it?
Does it involve a Kylo Ren cupcake and Captain Phasma margarita?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm not going to complain about MNSSHP in August anymore. Not when I drive by a house and there's a skeleton out already! Week after July 4th mind you. And there's Halloween stuff in 1 store I went too. Again, a week after July 4th in Brookfield WI!
Well...if Wisconsin does it...we might as well all jump in 🤪

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Worked real hard on the fireworks name...

New Fireworks, Enhanced Attractions and More Highlight Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park
Shawn Slater

by Shawn Slater, Senior Communications Manager, Disney Parks Live Entertainment
Fall will be here before you know it, and that means it’s almost time for my favorite event of the year Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! And this year will be particularly exciting with several returning favorites and some all-new experiences, highlighted by the debut of the incredible new “Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular.”
Jack Skellington from Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas” serves as the host of this all-new nighttime extravaganza, with state-of-the-art projection effects, lasers, lighting and dazzling fireworks filling the sky above Magic Kingdom Park. Jack has come to tell a not-so-scary story about how anything can happen on Halloween night. Jack’s ghost dog, Zero, then flies off carrying everyone along on a trick-or-treating adventure, where four friends – Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy – find themselves drawn into a mysterious haunted house. Their journey takes them from one room of the house to another, encountering dancing skeletons, waltzing ghosts and a whole series of troublemaking Disney villains. “Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular” promises to be the perfect Halloween treat!
The fireworks are just part of the Halloween fun. Several attractions across the park receive special enhancements just for the Halloween party! New this year, when you follow the treat trail into the Monster World at Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, they’ll interact in all-new ways with the comic cast of monsters, as they learn about the curious Human World holiday we call Halloween.
Embarking upon the high seas with the Pirates of the Caribbean, you’ll discover a crew of live pirates on your journey, engaged in a whole new adventure in search of treasure. Space Mountain goes completely dark again this year, hurtling you through the blackness of deep space to the riffs and chords of a new hard-rockin’ soundtrack, and at the Mad Tea Party in Fantasyland, each spin of the teacups takes guests into madder and madder territory, as special lighting and music give the attraction experience an extra energy after dark.
Disney Junior pal Vampirina

There’s also the amazing “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular,” the ride of the Headless Horseman, “Mickey’s Boo to You Halloween Parade,” Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball and “Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam,” where this year Nancy Clancy from the hit Disney Junior series “Fancy Nancy” joins other Disney Junior pals like Vampirina and Doc McStuffins.
You won’t want to miss the all-new “Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular” or any of the other delightful treats in store at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, select nights August 16 – November 1, 2019. Time to get those tickets and start working on your Halloween costume!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
As much as I didn't like how increasingly crowded the Halloween parties have become... the entertainment is hard to miss. The best castle stage show. Excellent parade. New routine for MIncLf. And now, what was a hilariously bad fireworks show has the potential to be really really good.

I guess I'm going again.

tirian

As much as I didn't like how increasingly crowded the Halloween parties have become... the entertainment is hard to miss. The best castle stage show. Excellent parade. New routine for MIncLf. And now, what was a hilariously bad fireworks show has the potential to be really really good.

I guess I'm going again.
I feel the same way about MVMCP: it’s overcrowded, overpriced, stripped of previous freebies and perks — but the new entertainment looks great. ;)

IMDREW

If they really aren’t bringing a new nighttime parade to MK they should make the Halloween and Christmas party parades electrical.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
If they really aren’t bringing a new nighttime parade to MK they should make the Halloween and Christmas party parades electrical.
I struggle to see how glowing lights work with ghosts.

I’d hate for them to touch BTY. It’s my favorite parade and they’d likely ruin it.

The overall package they are putting forth this year is the best I’ve seen. Granted I’m only familiar with the last 15 years or so. But for me, I’m paying for ride overlays and the best entertainment they offer at MK. It’s worth it to me.

The August parties are bargain-priced! We paid $74 for us and $69 for the kids.

Janir

Ok, being in the general area myself, I now want to run over to Brookfield and see it for myself. ;-)

HoldenC

I guess I'm going again.
I'll be paying for Halloween this year as well. I didn't enjoy my last party in 2017, minus Hocus Pocus. But with new fireworks, the only reason I'm going, sign me up tbh! Question is do I wanna be there opening night?

jrogue

Ugh my wallet and I hate that this sounds like it will be a great party this year :banghead:

But also that wording they use at the end ... "You won’t want to miss the all-new “Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular”" ... it's not all new if BTY is still mostly the same? It'll ... it'll still be mostly the same right? lol my brain would break if they ruined that parade, it's one of my favorites

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom