News Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2018

asianway

HOT TAKE: demand for Jack/Sally, Dwarfs, Moana, etc would be manageable if those characters were available regularly. DLR has Jack/Sally out every day from the start of HalloweenTime until the end of Christmas. The dwarfs used to hang out in Germany on the daily, they could again. Moana could easily have a permanent meet somewhere on property.

WDW brings these insane character queues on themselves.
Separate the dwarfs...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
HOT TAKE: demand for Jack/Sally, Dwarfs, Moana, etc would be manageable if those characters were available regularly. DLR has Jack/Sally out every day from the start of HalloweenTime until the end of Christmas. The dwarfs used to hang out in Germany on the daily, they could again. Moana could easily have a permanent meet somewhere on property.

They're not out all the time in order to add value to the Halloween ticket by having exclusive things at the party. People who buy tickets and wait in long lines should complain bitterly to WDW and ask for their money back... not that they'll get it, but it will alert WDW to the problem.

WDW knows how do deal with high-value M&Gs, they do it with Mickey and the Princesses.

GiveMeTheMusic

They're not out all the time in order to add value to the Halloween ticket by having exclusive things at the party. People who buy tickets and wait in long lines should complain bitterly to WDW and ask for their money back... not that they'll get it, but it will alert WDW to the problem.

WDW knows how do deal with high-value M&Gs, they do it with Mickey and the Princesses.

They’re not advertised as features of the party (these specific characters, that is). The party provides tons of “value” outside of waiting 3 hours to meet seven sweaty CPs in rubber heads.

Every other Disney park in the world has figured out how characters work. It’s just WDW that stubbornly insists on doing it in a way that makes sure no one wins.

Last edited:

drew81

Truth. Truth. Truth. Truth. Truth. Truth. Truth. Truth. Truth. Truth. Truth. Truth. Truth.

Figments Friend

Quick couple of questions for those of you who have already attended one of this years edition of the Party -

According to this years Party Guide Map, 'Stitch's Great Escape" and 'Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor' are both listed as Attractions during the event.
Even notes a description of the show at each, as well as a 'last show' listing of the night for MILF at 10pm.
So this gives me the impression these are both operational during the party.
My question is then, are they indeed...?

Prior years I recall both of these Attraction spaces being used only for treat trails .....and this year I'm aware of Elvis Stitch appearing in the pre-show area of SGE during the Party.
So what is the real story here? Are they running, or not..?
The Party Map seems to imply these are Attractions operating this year for the event.
True? False? Misprint..?

I'd like to know if these are both operational during the Party.
I am one of the few who actually enjoys experiencing SGE and this would likely be my last chance to see it in person.

Thanks in advance for the insight.
:)

-

brb1006

They’re not advertised as features of the party (these specific characters, that is). The party provides tons of “value” outside of waiting 3 hours to meet seven sweaty CPs in rubber heads.

Every other Disney park in the world has figured out how characters work. It’s just WDW that stubbornly insists on doing it in a way that makes sure no one wins.
Plus didn't the Halloween parties used to have more variety with the amount of Disney Villains in the early 2000's?

Figments Friend

Yep.
The 'Villians Mix N' Mingle' took place after each Castle Show.
It was cool to hang out there around the stage area and watch the different Villians interact with guests as the bulk of the crowds dispersed somewhat post-Show.
I used to pass through purposely between showings just to see who was out and what they were doing to people.

-

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Quick couple of questions for those of you who have already attended one of this years edition of the Party -

According to this years Party Guide Map, 'Stitch's Great Escape" and 'Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor' are both listed as Attractions during the event.
Even notes a description of the show at each, as well as a 'last show' listing of the night for MILF at 10pm.

Prior years I recall both of these Attraction spaces being used only for treat trails .....and this year I'm aware of Elvis Stitch appearing in the pre-show area of SGE during the Party.
The Party Map seems to imply these are Attractions operating this year for the event.
True? False? Misprint..?

I am one of the few who actually enjoys experiencing SGE and this would likely be my last chance to see it in person.

-

SGE, the 'ride', is definitely not open. It does house the M&G with Elvis Stitch.

mistyj

Wouldn't that be great? I'm sure somewhere the accountant in charge of special events staffing costs is having a panic attack just thinking about the increased costs though.

Not only would the accountant panic over the staffing costs, but imagine if all the guests currently standing in outrageously long Meet and Greet lines were actually out in the Park. They might have to limit ticket sales further with the crowding. ;)

brb1006

2003 tons of villains, Hunchback unit, Rollie Polie Olie, Zoe, Hag, 7 Dwarfs (meeting separately) Pain, Panic etc
2004 Walrus, Sora, Quasi, Esmeralda, Goliath Gargoyle, Mushu to name a few.
At least the Walrus pops up at Paris every now and again but that's about it.

MotherOfBirds

True? False? Misprint..?

-

MILF is not running because it is a trick or treat stop. Unless they've relocated it since the first night, MILF should not be operating.

JustInTime

Yep.
The 'Villians Mix N' Mingle' took place after each Castle Show.
It was cool to hang out there around the stage area and watch the different Villians interact with guests as the bulk of the crowds dispersed somewhat post-Show.
I used to pass through purposely between showings just to see who was out and what they were doing to people.

-
The mix n mingle was a NIGHTMARE to manage. Both for Disney and for guests.

TJJohn12

Must be looking at an old map - here’s screenshots of this year’s:

3BF54DF5-A575-49D9-9E73-BE77E19901CA.png

63A15F8C-04FE-4465-817B-C47F041F674B.png

Figments Friend

Must be looking at an old map - here’s screenshots of this year’s:

View attachment 307011

View attachment 307012

Thank you for this.
Yes, apparently the interior map image I had was from a prior year and mislabeled for this season.
I knew something wasn't adding up since I knew Stitch was greeting inside his Attraction this time around.

Thanks to everyone who answered my question!

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom