News Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2018

jsand99

Does anyone know when the official dates for the party will be released? We are going 10/28 - 11/3 so our park days will be 10/29 - 11/2. We want to do 2 days at Magic Kingdom and one of those to be the day of the party. Not knowing the dates of the party makes planning a little difficult. Hoping the dates will be released before ADRs can be booked so we can figure out what park we are going to on what day.

mattdenine

Does anyone know when the official dates for the party will be released? We are going 10/28 - 11/3 so our park days will be 10/29 - 11/2. We want to do 2 days at Magic Kingdom and one of those to be the day of the party. Not knowing the dates of the party makes planning a little difficult. Hoping the dates will be released before ADRs can be booked so we can figure out what park we are going to on what day.
Tickets usually go on sale in May

EvilChameleon

It wouldn’t be hard to do and yet they didn’t bother last year. They really should upgrade both if they insist on not showing Happily Ever After on half of the nights during the final 4 months of the year.

I thought someone said they didn't bother last year because they didn't know Happily Ever After would be a hit, and then once it was, they began designing upgrades for the holiday shows for the 2018 season.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I thought someone said they didn't bother last year because they didn't know Happily Ever After would be a hit, and then once it was, they began designing upgrades for the holiday shows for the 2018 season.
That would be a wonderful surprise, although I'm not sure how they thought HEA wouldn't be a hit. They knew what the concept was, the tech upgrades, and the budget. We will see!

mousekedoc

Premium Member
My daughter turns ten this year. She's been to MNSSHP nine times. It's our family tradition. The one time we couldn't go we all jones'd out. But we live in the south and we have fall break. All our relatives live in NJ and they start school in early September. All my daughter's cousins haven't been to it.
With August dates, NJ and other NE folks can go. If I'm not wrong, NJ has the highest concentration of DVC owners. It's genius to me, more $ from those real Disney geeks in the NE who are going to be there and now will pay extra while they are there.

Burlmick253

Just curious, since in previous years the party started at 7 pm but ticket holders were allowed in at 4 pm. With the parties now starting at 6pm does anyone think admittance will be changed to 3 pm with mnsshp tickets?

Animaniac93-98

Just curious, since in previous years the party started at 7 pm but ticket holders were allowed in at 4 pm. With the parties now starting at 6pm does anyone think admittance will be changed to 3 pm with mnsshp tickets?

Parties don't start at 6pm, that's when MK's regular operating hours end. It gives cast an hour to clear out day guests before the party starts.

ChanceH

No FP, but that being said most rides are walk on or have extremely short lines as people are doing the special meet and greets and other things you can only do at the party.
The last time we went to the MNSSHP the rides were far from a walk on. Seven dwarfs was 100 minutes, Haunted Mansion was 45, Space Mountain was about 30 min, and BTMR was about 30 min.

COrunner

I’ve never gone to the parties, so sorry for the kind of ignorant question- can you reserve FP+?

Having done 3 previous I can safely say that you can walk on almost every ride. I 'think' the longest wait we had was either 10 or 20 minutes for HM, pirates and 7DMT.

Just don't plan on going to 8/31 party, it's ummmmm, going to be like really super packed;)

Princess Leia

Alright, so I just watched a video of last year’s Hallowishes, and while it’s a decent show.... it’s really weak when you compare it to Happily Ever After. Fingers crossed they have a new show this year, because that was kind of disappointing to watch (HEA spoiled me).

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Alright, so I just watched a video of last year’s Hallowishes, and while it’s a decent show.... it’s really weak when you compare it to Happily Ever After. Fingers crossed they have a new show this year, because that was kind of disappointing to watch (HEA spoiled me).
The perimeter fireworks are anything-but-unimpressive in the park.

An update would be welcome though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom