Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2020

“Mickey’s not so patriotic Fourth of July party”

keep buying the upsells, everyone...drink the sand.

And buy tickets now! Renew, renew! So it will be a “deal” when they raise the prices 15% next month

“Magical”
What exactly is your problem with upsells? I notice a lot of people throwing hissy fits over other people wanting to enhance their vacations with extras, and I just don't understand it. What's wrong with having added benefits, experiences, perks, etc available for those who want them?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
What exactly is your problem with upsells? I notice a lot of people throwing hissy fits over other people wanting to enhance their vacations with extras, and I just don't understand it. What's wrong with having added benefits, experiences, perks, etc available for those who want them?
The 6pm closings on a lot of days is a problem for a lot of people.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

See below...for example...

I could give you 20 reasons - and many can attest that I HAVE gone on about them...but this example will do nicely
What?! A lot of people don't like paying more and getting less hours? But, they have the opportunity to spend even more to get those hours back. What's the problem?! Just pay up and stop complaining. /s

Touchdown

Shoot me I enjoy the parties, I always go one night when I’m there during it. While it makes regular close nights a little hectic, I come prepared to wait longer for HEA and usually save my three FPs for the evening there (and pair those three rides with things like CBJ, Tiki, COP, TTA and Philharmagic.)

On the plus side, I pair MK mornings to a party date and enjoy a relatively quiet morning there. As long as you have hoppers and are not a HEA every night person the parties can be planned around.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

I can understand the problem but its more the way that poster posts.
Always so surly/sarcastic/hostile.
Yeah because they are really going to have Halloween parties on July 4th.
But to the point... offering more party days cuts back on regular park hours and all those upsells like EMM and DAH took away EMH so basically now you're paying for what used to be free but they add some ice cream and charge a full day price for it.
To me it is what it is. I'm not gonna blame Disney for learning how to make more money. So I just plan my days accordingly.

ToTBellHop

The 6pm closings on a lot of days is a problem for a lot of people.
I haven’t found much impact in August, yet, but it creates a nightmare mid-September through late December when a week’s worth of guests pack into MK over just 3 days each week. We don’t even bother going to MK on non-party days as it’s a zoo. Luckily we have the luxury of going at different times of year to see HEA but I feel for the vacationer who picks a week during party season. The entertainment should honestly be “free” and then include some upcharge events if they must (eg Villains After Hours and Christmas After Hours from 9p-12a for special character M&Gs and ride time). I actually like the parties but they’ve become too popular for their own good.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Shoot me I enjoy the parties, I always go one night when I’m there during it. While it makes regular close nights a little hectic, I come prepared to wait longer for HEA and usually save my three FPs for the evening there (and pair those three rides with things like CBJ, Tiki, COP, TTA and Philharmagic.)

On the plus side, I pair MK mornings to a party date and enjoy a relatively quiet morning there. As long as you have hoppers and are not a HEA every night person the parties can be planned around.
The problem...and I don’t want to upset the queen...is that if I’m following you correctly - you are paying $200 plus for half of a standard days worth of operating hours to avoid crowds?

That’s an operational fail and it skews the consumer expectations in my opinion...but I tend to be a harsh critic
I can understand the problem but its more the way that poster posts.
Always so surly/sarcastic/hostile.
Yeah because they are really going to have Halloween parties on July 4th.
But to the point... offering more party days cuts back on regular park hours and all those upsells like EMM and DAH took away EMH so basically now you're paying for what used to be free but they add some ice cream and charge a full day price for it.
To me it is what it is. I'm not gonna blame Disney for learning how to make more money. So I just plan my days accordingly.
the “tone outweighs substance” defense?

I can put lots of gushy, happy words in posts...but it won’t lessen the blow of how upsells have changed the pricing and enjoyment dynamics and that it will affect every single decision on pricing for ALL of us going forward.

And buy the way...August 15 is of course a full 33 days CLOSER to the Fourth of July than it is Halloween...it’s 97 degrees during the afternoon and 90 at 10 pm...

You want to put a 7 year old in a blank panther costume then? This is like a public health warning waiting to happen.

Last edited:

Touchdown

The problem...and I don’t want to upset the queen...is that if I’m following you correctly - you are paying $200 plus for half of a standard days worth of operating hours to avoid crowds

I enjoy the special entertainment, I always watch the parade, fireworks and the castle show (x2) I also am typically able to ride every major ride I enjoy (Pirates, 3 mountains, HM, SDMT) plus some additional rides (CBJ, Pooh, LM, TTA always, plus an additional 1-2 from this list: Philharmagic, CoP, Pan if I get a FP, Tiki) so yes I think a party is worth it. I’ve also never paid $200 for a party ticket.

I also fully take advantage of getting an MK night into my Universal AP year by going to MVMCP one night and sometimes MNSSHP (If I’ve not just ended/about to begin a WDW AP year)

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
The problem...and I don’t want to upset the queen...is that if I’m following you correctly - you are paying $200 plus for half of a standard days worth of operating hours to avoid crowds?

That’s an operational fail and it skews the consumer expectations in my opinion...but I tend to be a harsh critic

the “tone outweighs substance” defense?

I can put lots of gushy, happy words in posts...but it won’t lesson the blow of how upsells have changed the pricing and enjoyment dynamics and that it will affect every single decision on pricing for ALL of us going forward.

And buy the way...August 15 is of course a full 33 days CLOSER to the Fourth of July than it is Halloween...it’s 97 degrees during the afternoon and 90 at 10 pm...

You want to put a 7 year old in a blank panther costume then? This is like a public health warning waiting to happen.

Its like you can't even tell when someone is actually agreeing with you.
I expressed that its annoying that they are basically charging a full day ticket price for what used to be EMH and that the more parties they have the less regular hours they have.
If you are not getting enjoyment out of Disney then stop going. Its really that simple. But instead some just harp on it. Its like some just complain for attention but behind the scenes they still go.
Yeah I know how hot it is in August. I've gone to a couple parties in August. Once was in full costume and yeah it was a mistake but I learned my lesson.
Parents shouldn't put their 7 year old in a black panther costume in August.
Save it for Halloween at home.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I enjoy the special entertainment, I always watch the parade, fireworks and the castle show (x2) I also am typically able to ride every major ride I enjoy (Pirates, 3 mountains, HM, SDMT) plus some additional rides (CBJ, Pooh, LM, TTA always, plus an additional 1-2 from this list: Philharmagic, CoP, Pan if I get a FP, Tiki) so yes I think a party is worth it. I’ve also never paid $200 for a party ticket.

I also fully take advantage of getting an MK night into my Universal AP year by going to MVMCP one night and sometimes MNSSHP (If I’ve not just ended/about to begin a WDW AP year)
I’m not judging your right to buy and enjoy...I’m just saying there is a collective effect we all should pay mind too.

An unregulated management is prone to do stupid things there...trust me. Because they haven’t yet crossed the bridge too far does not mean they aren’t searching for it.
Its like you can't even tell when someone is actually agreeing with you.
I expressed that its annoying that they are basically charging a full day ticket price for what used to be EMH and that the more parties they have the less regular hours they have.
If you are not getting enjoyment out of Disney then stop going. Its really that simple. But instead some just harp on it. Its like some just complain for attention but behind the scenes they still go.
Yeah I know how hot it is in August. I've gone to a couple parties in August. Once was in full costume and yeah it was a mistake but I learned my lesson.
Parents shouldn't put their 7 year old in a black panther costume in August.
Save it for Halloween at home.
I knew you were agreeing with me...I just don’t agree with the suggestion that tone matters.

I think the Germans have it right there...say things the way they are.

But on this - yeah, we mostly agree.

I also tend to joke a lot in many different forms/frustration methods 😉

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I’m not judging your right to buy and enjoy...I’m just saying there is a collective effect we all should pay mind too.

An unregulated management is prone to do stupid things there...trust me. Because they haven’t yet crossed the bridge too far does not mean they aren’t searching for it.
I knew you were agreeing with you...I just don’t agree with the suggestion that tone matters.

I think the Germans have it right there...say things the way they are.

But on this - yeah, we mostly agree.

I also tend to joke a lot in many different forms/frustration methods 😉

I will try to keep it in mind that you're not trying to sound hostile or offensive but just frustrated.
I am fact orientated, straight forward, and give personal opinions in a genuine way.
I find it difficult to not respond when unofficial is posted like its official or someone is sarcastic with their opinions.

mhaftman7

I doubt we go this year. 2018 was GREAT. The only ride not at 5 minute waits was for 7DMT. That was 20 minutes. We LOVED it! 2019 felt like they didn’t close the park to non-party guests. People were lined up almost an hour before the parade almost 10 rows deep. People REFUSED to let you get through the crowd worrying about losing their perfect view. I wouldn’t go even if they incentivized me. Thanks, but no thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom