'Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration' show to debut at this year's Mickey's Very Merry Christmas

COProgressFan

"Most Merriest"? Is it unreasonable for me to hope for correct grammar in the title of a show?

I guess this name probably came from the folks behind the #INCREDIBLESSuperDanceParty, so maybe I need to lower my expectations

This is also the company that brought us "Disney California Adventure" and no longer uses the possessive "Disney's" on DVD and blu-ray covers. So you get things like "Disney Dumbo".

It's the work of completely out of touch and clueless "branding" execs and signed off on by equally out of touch Iger. I'm sure they spent tons of money researching this, conducting surveys, focus groups etc. But apparently no one ever had the brains (or guts) to stand up and say "Disney California Adventure" just sounds ridiculous and put a stop to it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
A welcome update to MVMCP; Celebrate the Seasons was getting pretty tired. If this comes even close to the Hocus Pocus themed show they added to MNSSHP last year I'll be a happy camper
Yep. Hocus Party is probably the best stage show at WDW right now, and something similar for the Christmas party would be most welcome.

dhslxop

I think this might be a welcome change - I love Celebrate the Season, but I'm looking forward to seeing something new up on the stage!

I found this paragraph on another site - it seems like there are some rare characters (at least from a stage show perspective) that will be brought back. Plus, it doesn't seem like anyone from Frozen will be appearing!
Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Pluto are dropping by dressed in their Christmas best. Peter Pan is flying in from Never Land, Alice and the White Rabbit are hurrying over from Wonderland and Woody and Jessie from Toy Story are galloping in for this holiday ho ho hoedown. Plus, Snow White and Dopey, Pinocchio, Jiminy Cricket and many more surprise guests will be stopping by.

Rinx

"Most Merriest"? Is it unreasonable for me to hope for correct grammar in the title of a show?

I guess this name probably came from the folks behind the #INCREDIBLESSuperDanceParty, so maybe I need to lower my expectations

I completely agree with you. It must be short for Mickey's Most Most Merry Celebration...

MagicHappens1971

I'm not sure what you're asking :hilarious: What's conflicting with having a live singing performer and a fur character like Mickey?
What I'm trying to say is, aren't face characters the only characters who would be able to speak live? So wouldn't it be conflicting to have like Peter Pan talking live and then Mickey speaking from a recording? I just mean for like timing and stuff

brb1006

I think this might be a welcome change - I love Celebrate the Season, but I'm looking forward to seeing something new up on the stage!

I found this paragraph on another site - it seems like there are some rare characters (at least from a stage show perspective) that will be brought back. Plus, it doesn't seem like anyone from Frozen will be appearing!
I remember when Pinocchio was a common character before becoming rare along with Jiminy.

dhslxop

What I'm trying to say is, aren't face characters the only characters who would be able to speak live? So wouldn't it be conflicting to have like Peter Pan talking live and then Mickey speaking from a recording? I just mean for like timing and stuff
They do it in a bunch of shows already - Gaston & Belle sing/speak live while the rest of the ensemble/characters are pre-recorded in BATB, the 4 main singers are live and the rest of the ensemble is pre-recorded in FOTLK, and Ariel sings live while the rest of the show is pre-recorded at VOTLM. So there certainly is a precedent for it; whether or not they actually do it is another story.

MagicHappens1971

They do it in a bunch of shows already - Gaston & Belle sing/speak live while the rest of the ensemble/characters are pre-recorded in BATB, the 4 main singers are live and the rest of the ensemble is pre-recorded in FOTLK, and Ariel sings live while the rest of the show is pre-recorded at VOTLM. So there certainly is a precedent for it; whether or not they actually do it is another story.
Thank you :) I really wasn't sure if or what other shows did it so thank you for posting this

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom