Michelle Duggar, mom of 19, miscarries

trr1

Original Poster
Michelle Duggar, the famous reality show mom of 19, has miscarried her child.

“I feel like my heart broke telling my children,” Michelle told People magazine. The Duggars announced their pregnancy publicly last month on TODAY.

Michelle and her husband, Jim Bob, were hoping to find out the gender of their unborn child during a routine ultrasound on Thursday; but their doctor was unable to find a heartbeat. Michelle was 19 weeks along, in her second trimester.

Earlier story: The Duggars announce they're expecting a 20th child

"We discovered during a routine 19-week ultrasound that our 20th child, who was due in April 2012, passed away recently," Jim Bob Duggar wrote in a letter he provided to TODAY.com "We would like to thank everyone for their prayers, emails and outpouring of love... As our whole family is grieving, we also know that God promises to work all things for good in our lives."

Read Jim Bob's letter to friends and fans

“After the appointment, we came back home and told the children," Michelle, 45, told People. "We had just been talking about baby names last night and they were getting excited about naming a boy or a girl. It has been a real sad disappointment."

On her doctor's advice, Michelle said she plans to let the miscarriage happen naturally. Other options would be taking drugs to bring on contractions or having surgery. Michelle told People because of the cut to her uterus during the emergency C-section for her last child, her doctor said letting her body miscarry naturally would be the safest way to go.

"I am resting and I have felt good physically, which is strange," Michelle told People magazine. She said as recently as Nov. 25 her daughter Jill, 20, who is studying to be a midwife, listened to the baby's heartbeat.

On Dec. 3, she said, "I felt a little uncomfortable but I thought it was just something I'd eaten. It could have been the beginning of something going wrong."

"The kids are mothering me now," Michelle told People. "Jill just brought me some food and they are taking good care of me."

The Duggars plan to name the baby, once they find out if it was a boy or a girl, and then they’ll have a funeral service.

“The Lord is the giver of life and he can choose when that life is ready to go on and be with Him," Michelle Duggar told People magazine.

kstella

I was very sad to learn of the miscarriage but I hope they take this as an indication that they should not have more children. She's 45 and they were very very lucky with Josie, the last one. I understand their position on artificial birth control but there are natural methods to use. Given their faith, I am sure they feel that the child is with God and that helps to bring comfort to them in their loss.

The Mom

Premium Member
She's obviously more fertile than average, so any "natural" method would probably fail. Plus, that is taking control, rather than letting God decide - which is their philosophy. The only way to really prevent another pregnancy would be to stop having ______ until she reaches menopause.

trr1

Original Poster
She's obviously more fertile than average, so any "natural" method would probably fail. Plus, that is taking control, rather than letting God decide - which is their philosophy. The only way to really prevent another pregnancy would be to stop having ______ until she reaches menopause.

wouldnt that be taking it out of Gods hands also

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Is he fertilizing the woman for pleasure or to procreate? If he is that religious then the former should be forbidden and he should have better self control.

wouldnt that be taking it out of Gods hands also

Then he should stop fertilizing the female for his own selfish pleasure..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom