Michael Jackson's estate suing Disney over copyright infringement.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Looks like the estate of Michael Jackson has a pretty good case over the ABC News special that used a lot of video clips from MJ's music videos and related matter.

Search for the AP news story.

Bacon

Looks like the estate of Michael Jackson has a pretty good case over the ABC News special that used a lot of video clips from MJ's music videos and related matter.

Search for the AP news story.
What else where they soposed to use? Video of a flushing toilet?

eliza61nyc

LOL, a few years ago I went to a regional theater production of the "motown" story. only problem was they never obtained the rights to play the music.
Well I can tell you there were a lot of ed off theater goers demanding their money back because of course the producers did not inform folks that we would be hearing "gospel" music instead of the Temptations.

To add insult to injury, there was an enterprising you man outside the theater doors selling CD's of motown hits. LOL

Bottom line, if you want to use someone's intellectual property simply pay to use it. @Darkbeer1 is absolutely correct, Disney would have their lawyers out in masse if someone used their characters.

Heck, they went after some poor soul on ETSY that was selling magic band coverings with characters on it.

here's a link

https://apnews.com/92e2edbc6609463d9c9b35116efb080a

champdisney

LOL, a few years ago I went to a regional theater production of the "motown" story. only problem was they never obtained the rights to play the music.
Well I can tell you there were a lot of ****ed off theater goers demanding their money back because of course the producers did not inform folks that we would be hearing "gospel" music instead of the Temptations.

To add insult to injury, there was an enterprising you man outside the theater doors selling CD's of motown hits. LOL

Bottom line, if you want to use someone's intellectual property simply pay to use it. @Darkbeer1 is absolutely correct, Disney would have their lawyers out in masse if someone used their characters.

Heck, they went after some poor soul on ETSY that was selling magic band coverings with characters on it.

here's a link

https://apnews.com/92e2edbc6609463d9c9b35116efb080a
Or the time that a daycare center in Central Florida had painted Disney characters on their walls and forced them to remove them. Luckily for them Universal stepped in and was generous enough to allow them to use their characters. This was around the time Universal Studios Florida first opened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom