MGM revamp what do they need?

kucarachi

Original Poster
Anyone here getting tired of the corner of MGM that has the drew carey show, the star tours (really boring) and Indiana Jones. Not to mention the backlot tour, and Honey i shrunk the kids, which i cant see one kid saying they still remember H.I.S.T.K. actually being out in theatres. MGM is stuck in an early 90's timewarp.

Drew Carey- Replace with something, anything, for the love of god. Half the time the cast member is so unispired to even be there i fall asleep before the show even starts.

Star tours- How about a makeover of endor proportions! i'd rather ride with chewbacca or a hairy little ewok rodent than a goofy robot with trigger finger...and how about some lucas sound!

Indiana Jones- Not the disneyland version, but i like that technology, aka dinosaur..but with nazi's and snakes, and rats.

Honey i shrunk the kids should be removed from epcot, from MGM, and should be forgotten and shelved right next to song of the south. We dont want to be one inch tall, why would you want to shrink anything except your belly after thanksgiving dinner.

anyone else have ideas....cause i even think the little mermaid needs to lose the laser light and old movie footage....beauty and the beast needs to be indoors cause i think i saw a little kids head smoke from sitting in the sun for that long.....and what about the aladdin show from CA? The best disney show on property ever! why no love from the orange swampers?

Nick Ray

Anyone here getting tired of the corner of MGM that has the drew carey show, the star tours (really boring) and Indiana Jones. Not to mention the backlot tour, and Honey i shrunk the kids, which i cant see one kid saying they still remember H.I.S.T.K. actually being out in theatres. MGM is stuck in an early 90's timewarp.

Drew Carey- Replace with something, anything, for the love of god. Half the time the cast member is so unispired to even be there i fall asleep before the show even starts.

Star tours- How about a makeover of endor proportions! i'd rather ride with chewbacca or a hairy little ewok rodent than a goofy robot with trigger finger...and how about some lucas sound!

Indiana Jones- Not the disneyland version, but i like that technology, aka dinosaur..but with nazi's and snakes, and rats.

Honey i shrunk the kids should be removed from epcot, from MGM, and should be forgotten and shelved right next to song of the south. We dont want to be one inch tall, why would you want to shrink anything except your belly after thanksgiving dinner.

anyone else have ideas....cause i even think the little mermaid needs to lose the laser light and old movie footage....beauty and the beast needs to be indoors cause i think i saw a little kids head smoke from sitting in the sun for that long.....and what about the aladdin show from CA? The best disney show on property ever! why no love from the orange swampers?

HAHA I agree completly! I just love the lady's hair in Star Tours, it reminds me of elementary when everyone had their hair like that!
Beauty and the Beast either nees to go completly or, yes, needs to be inside!
Aladdin would be WONDERFUL and fit right in at the Studios!
and about the Honey I Shunk the Audience.... I must say its better than Captain E.O. with Michael Jackson. lol

P.S. I think the Contemporary needs to be more Contemporary, and take a step out of the 80's as well!

CThaddeus

No, I'm good with most of this corner of the Park. I like Sounds Dangerous, Star Tours, Indy, Muppetvision, and the HISTK play area is very inventive and clever. The one spot they should do something with is the ABC Theater...and I wouldn't mind an update to the Soundsations area at the exit of Sounds Dangerous.
I also like the current incarnation of Beauty and the Beast, and Voyage of the Little Mermaid is fine, though I suppose it relies on film scenes too much. My biggest beef is with the Lights, Motors, Action/Hunchback/Tour area. The Tram Tour is all but dead now (thanks partly to LMA), and needs a serious rethinking. Make it more like Universal Hollywood, or put something else there. Kill off the ill-conceived LMA, store the Osbourne Lights somewhere else on the Disney World property, tear down the old Hunchback Theater and put in at least two new attractions. If they got rid of the entire backlot tour (a sad thought, but something that may need to be done) they could have a whole new "land" with four or five attractions.
Of course, I'd also kill off most of Sunset Boulevard...but I know saying that is tantamount to heresy on these boards.

Philo

Sounds dangerous should definatly go. It's an alright attraction but I doubt I will ever "see" it more than once. It feels so dated and no-one walks out of it saying "Wow, that was great". With the technology around today they could illustrate the use of sound so much better.

Star tours - I like it, probably worth keeping.

Indiana Jones Show - whats wrong with this? I thought it was really good and a definate for most visitors. I would like to see a DLP style Indiana Jones ride around though.

HISTA - Get rid of this as soon as possible. I don't really like this kind of attraction anyway but this one is pretty poor. As the original post said, Who remembers when this was released?

Backlot tour - they can't get rid of it. This is what makes MGM for me, perhaps a little refurb or a change of the layout wouldn't go a miss but it must stay! If you don't like the WDW version you should go to the half finished DLP one!

Light, Motors... - I don't mind it that much. I wouldn't go out of my way to see it and I wouldn't miss it that much but its pretty good for the first time visitor.

joshwill

No, I'm good with most of this corner of the Park. I like Sounds Dangerous, Star Tours, Indy, Muppetvision, and the HISTK play area is very inventive and clever. The one spot they should do something with is the ABC Theater...and I wouldn't mind an update to the Soundsations area at the exit of Sounds Dangerous.
I also like the current incarnation of Beauty and the Beast, and Voyage of the Little Mermaid is fine, though I suppose it relies on film scenes too much. My biggest beef is with the Lights, Motors, Action/Hunchback/Tour area. The Tram Tour is all but dead now (thanks partly to LMA), and needs a serious rethinking. Make it more like Universal Hollywood, or put something else there. Kill off the ill-conceived LMA, store the Osbourne Lights somewhere else on the Disney World property, tear down the old Hunchback Theater and put in at least two new attractions. If they got rid of the entire backlot tour (a sad thought, but something that may need to be done) they could have a whole new "land" with four or five attractions.
Of course, I'd also kill off most of Sunset Boulevard...but I know saying that is tantamount to heresy on these boards.

finally, someone else besides me who likes soinds dangerous. ive always been a drew carey fan and i love that 3D sound.

benji

It's great that Disney pulled who wants to be a millionaire of the attraction list and replacing it with Toy Story Mania. Maybe that is the first of many changes to the studios. Lets hope this is the begining of many brand new e-ticket attractions to come. Now, the list of pet peeve attractions..

Sounds Dangerous-Starring Drew Carey- Most pointless attraction in wdw!!
Indiana Jones- (Boring Boring show) Replace it with a coaster or dark ride
Voyage of The Little Mermaid- Very dated show, it really shows it's age
Star Tour- This ride screams 80's. Needs a hole new ride system all together
The Magic of Disney Animation- Bring back the animators please!
Disney-MGM Studios Backlot Tour- Needs a another special effect scene

wbt06

i love indiana jones but do wish there was a ride. but histk play area is so much fun. there are always tons of kids in that area. it is one of the few play areas where us big kids of 19 and young kids of 5 can play together. there are so many layers to this thing it is fun. next time yall see it instead of just watching the kids play go and play with them.

thats my 2 cents

ps they dont care what movie it is from

dazzer68

its like the tkmaxx of the theme park world, anything left over? stick it in mgm, theres no clear thene to it now the studios has gone .really needs sorting out and start putting 21st century attractions in there.disney should be ashamed of themselves for the sounds dangerous effort. i think the concept of the studios theme is perhaps the problem as people think of movies and they turn old pretty quick so 'last years' movie is old news so the park is never going to be upto date unless it refits every year. everything there now is old, the only thing really worth keeping are tot and rnrc,clear the rest of it get some proper movie based stuff it there, big disney/touchstone block busters.or make it pirateland! now theres a thought,the whole park PIRATES!

MattyFresh

I don't mind the Indiana Jones, but I could see where a ride would be much better. I do think its time to update star tours, you are suppose to be walking into future times.....not the past. Sounds Dangerous.....I am indifferent about this one, it was cool to see once. I do think that the Back lot tour should be rethought out....possibly replaced with something completely different.

jmani56

I agree that MGM needs some major work.

Every person I have ever brought on Star Tours ended up getting sick. Rides like Soarin really make Star Tours look outdated. The queue is nice, but the ride is really lacking.

Sounds Dangerous is somewhat interesting to some people, but lets be honest - it's a waste of space. Nobody I know likes it.

Is Journey into Narnia gone yet? That was one of the worst attractions ever, at any park. I can't even believe it was advertised. I was mad that I stood in line for it.

Without Sunset, MGM is very very weak. Sunset is the only area with strong anchors, decent stores and good theming. The rest of MGM really has no theme anymore. Muppets is outdated, the animation tour is not even half of what it could be, and the backlot tour just needs to go.

ToTBellHop

Combine Superstar and Sounds Dangerous into one quality attraction--preferably a dark ride.

New Indiana Jones attraction--they really missed the boat, here. A new movie comes out in May 2008 so it's now or never to build on this franchise.

New Star Tours is DEFINITELY needed.

Add some backlots to the Backlot Tour or remove it altogether--I'd also be okay with some special effects additions like they have on the Studio Tour at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Great Movie Ride needs some work--keep it working as it is, but please remove Tarzan and put in something new--this would be an okay location for a scene from the Pirates films.

Enclose the old Hunchback theatre (keeping the San Fran facade) and put in one of Anne Hamburger's shows--this is the obvious place for such a show and yet Dinoland gets one first? Dumb.

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids is a prime location in a park with limited space--they could easily fit a nice, high capacity E-Ticket ride there, and this area of the park needs a bona fide E-Ticket.

Once a quality show opens in the Hunchback theatre, close Beauty and the Beast and clear the area for a new family-friendly ride. Sunset Blvd. is the thrill ride capital of the park and there needs to be a ride that the kiddies can enjoy with their parents.

Blonde Princess

I agree that MGM needs a major update, especially in the Carey, Indiana Tour area. However, as for HISTK, the kids love it. It is the one time in MGM where we can let our two boys run off a little steam and we can sit down. They're 10 & 8. They love the time. Neither has ever seen the movie.

Pete C

Star Tours - Those tiny pods need to go. This attraction needs the ride system from StormRider at Tokyo DisneySea. Much bigger theater, bigger screen, and capable of better forces. Couple this with the new 3D technology and Star Tours is ready for the next 10 years.

Indiana Jones - Dinosaur isn't fairing too well at AK, so I say gut it, keep the ride system and build Indy at MGM. They will never do this of course.

Lights Motors Action - My favorite show at Disney...most people love this show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom