MGM/Epcot 5/1/04 (AKA looking for HPS/WS)

So I was supposed to go to MGM today with a friend, but as we closed the bar last night, he was not feeling up to it.

So anyway, I woke up early and cycled about 24 miles on the West Orange Trail before it got too hot. I stopped and McDonalds and grabbed breakfast, and went home.

About 11, I decided to to hit MGM anyway, as I had already planned on hitting the park today, I had nothing else to do.

I got to MGM shortly after noon (and after a shower.) The parking lot was about 5/8 full, and the weather was hot and humid...such a wonderful combination. Some dark clouds in the sky gave the feeling that it would probably rain later.

I got on the tram and noticed a very attractive woman (wearing a hot pink shirt and white shorts AKA HPS/WS) behind me, visiting the park with her two friends. I looked, she smiled, I smiled back.

----Side note: for those of you who know me, you know that I am very shy and reserved.

Ok, so on the tram ride in, I am trying to think of something not so stupid to break the ice with this girl. My mind is blank. I am already hot and sweaty, and not even in the park yet.

The tram drops us of and the lines to get in are only about 10 deep.

---Side note: I really like the way MGM handles the security check, as it is away from the gate, and it moved faster than the Epcot bag search...I think DAK also does it the MGM way.

So anyway, HPS/WS and her friends head off to the cast member entrance, and I take another. I get in to the park and one of PixieDusters coworkers (or it could have been her, I have not idea) asks for my ZIP code, I comply, and move on.

I head down to ToT, the wait was 20 minutes (It is about 12:45pm now) so I stop and RnRC and grab a fastpass (for a ride between 2 and 3) and head back to ToT. I love this ride, I must admit though, it is showing a bit of age...either way, it is a great ride. I see HPS/WS in line about 20 ppl behind me, but I still have not thought of anything to say.

So anyway, while loading into ToT, I finally think of something to say to HPS/WS (I would share, but I don't want to let you in on my magic)....The ride was great, I was in the left elevator.

I get off, and look around the shop for a while, no sign of HPS/WS, so I leave.

---Ok, at this point, you may think I am some freaky stalker, but that is not the case, I just really hate missing a potential opportunity.

I head back down Sunset and get in line for the Great Movie Ride. I have only ever ridden this once, in 1992, and was ready for a re-ride. The ride was fine, but it never seams to climax, and always comes accross flat to me.

Afterwards, I was feeling a bit tense, so I grabbed a map and found a smoking area.

---Ok, I am a dirty smoker, but I am really trying to quit.

So I smoke up and move on. I grabbed a frozen lemonade at Echo Lake and I head back to the rear of the park to check out the location of the new stunt show, and the changes that have already been completed...looks nice.

I then hit Muppet Vision 3-D. I love this attraction, it is one of my favorite shows. Some ppl up front kept getting up and moving seats for the first 5 minutes, it was a little annoying.

It is now almost 2pm, so I head back to RnRC with my fatpass. This is a great ride, not too thrilling, just a lot of fun.

Afterwards, Sunset was jammed, as B&tB was just letting out. IMHO the could have disigned this corner of the park a bit better in terms of traffic flow. So, I make a beeline off of sunset and hit One Man's Dream, but I got into the wrong line, and hit the Haunted Mansion set ...which is gone after today. I then hit One Man's Dream, which I like, but I think it would fit better in the MK, as that is "Walt's park".

Afterwards, I head to Star Tours, 10 minute wait. This ride does not really do it for me anymore, after riding some of the newer simulators at other parks...it is still fun.

---I never realized how popular of a color hot pink is this year.

Anyway, it was 4pm and I was tired of MGM. I decided that I was not going to run in to HPS/WS, so I stopped at the pin station and grabbed my AP coint, left, and went to Epcot.

I got to Epcot a few minutes later ( I drove over, although I like the boat ride) and headed over to the UoE...I love this ride! No sign of the park even trying to cover up the ExxonMobil signage, which is a bit different than the way they handled the AT&T signage at SSE. UoE was running with 5 theater cars, not 6.

Afterwards, I went on over to SSE, as it was about 6:20, and I wanted to hit SSE and TLS before the 7pm closing time.

Well, when I was about to load into SSE the ride stopped, and stayed stopped, as apparently someone had jumped out of the ride vehicle. After 10 minutes, the ride started for about 10 seconds and stopped again...the same thing had happened again. Finally, at about 10 minutes to 7, I got on SSE...and I would miss TLS...oh well.

So I wanted to see ROE tonight, as it is my favorite of the nighttime shows. I head over to Mexico to get a Plato Comonacion and a Dos Equis, but the line was way too long, so I decided to have some Egg Rolls.

I headed to China and the acrobats were performing. I amazes me what those kids can do. I watched the show, but afterwards the counter in China was crazy, so I decided to keep on moving, and maybe grab a burger.

At this point, I had not had anything to drink since the frozen lemonade at 1ish, and I was very thirsty. I grabbed a Becks Light in Germany and smoked a but in the smoking area by the pavilion. I had a grumpy lady yell at me for smoking on "her bench" I calmly explained to her that her bench was located in one of the few smoking areas in the park, so if she did not like the smoke, many other benches existed in non-smoking areas.

I got up and continued my quest for food. I grabbed another Beck's Light and started walking. I made it down to Morroco when I decided that I really did want Mexican food, so I turned around.

---Now many of you may be thinking "Speck really does a lot of needless back and forth walking". I do, but it does not bother me, I don't get tired...I must have good endurance (ladies, take note). When I go with others, I don't walk the park in the same fashion.

I grabbed a Bud in the USA and headed back to Mexico. I stopped to finish my beer along a rail along the water, as the walkways were very busy, and it was too hard to drink and walk.

Now, as I am finishing my beer, I feel something on my arm...it is an ant. I look on the rail, and they are all over the place (someone must have spilled something). Then I look at my shirt, and I have ants all over my shirt. Of course, just then, I look up, and there is HPS/WS and her freinds. Now, I decide not to approach, as I may or may not still have ants on my shirt, either way...it was not meant to be, So I finish my beer and head back to Mexico.

While in line in Mexico (30 minute wait for my Plato Combonacion
and Dos Equis) it began thundering and lightning, yet not raining.
I got my food just as the skys opened up. I looked for a seat, but none are too be found, so I eat standing up and go out into the rain, as ROE is only 10 minutes away.

ROE was great...the lasers and lights show up better in the rain. Afterwards, it was a 15 minute drive home, where my dog was waiting for me with her legs crossed.

I just heard on the news that 8475 lightning strikes have hit the Orlando area in the last 6 hours. WOW

Have a good night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom