Mexico Tequila bar

Gorjus

Original Poster
I haven't been to Mexico in a week or so but yesterday I went. The Kidcot area has been moved to the front just after you walk in through the door in front of the artisans. The old kidcot area has its doors closed. Maybe they are beginning the refurb for the Tequila bar. Maybe they are just painting. Who knows?

jmuboy

What is "Casa Mexicana"? Is that the replica of a Mexican Home where KidCot was housed?

I wonder if KidCot will get a new home or stay in the pavilion lobby?

Rob562

From the info I've gotten (most of which is posted in the "Cantina to be torn down" thread), the Casa Mexicana will be the new location of the jewelry shop. The tequilla bar will be going into where the jewelry shop is now.

-Rob

Rob562

Where is the jewelry shop? The one outside? Or one of the shops inside?

It's inside. I'm a bit vague on the location, but I *think* it's on the left between the boat ride's entrance and exit. The Casa is on the other side of the ride exit, closer to the front entrance of the pavilion.

-Rob

Phonedave

It's inside. I'm a bit vague on the location, but I *think* it's on the left between the boat ride's entrance and exit. The Casa is on the other side of the ride exit, closer to the front entrance of the pavilion.

-Rob

That is correct, if by jewelery shop you mean the place with the glass worker in it. I always thought of it more as more than a jewelery shop, as they sell various doo-dads in there.

-dave

Rob562

That is correct, if by jewelery shop you mean the place with the glass worker in it. I always thought of it more as more than a jewelery shop, as they sell various doo-dads in there.

-dave

Is there another shop on the right-hand side of the indoor plaza? I almost never get over to that side of the pavilion, as I don't do much shopping, so I don't know what's over there...

-Rob

lpet11984

Is there another shop on the right-hand side of the indoor plaza? I almost never get over to that side of the pavilion, as I don't do much shopping, so I don't know what's over there...

-Rob

There is a silver shop over on the right hand side of the pavilion (right side being the right when you are looking at the volcano) that sells a lot of jewelry and some woven and leather goods. Some of the goods are nicer than others; I've gotten some nice bracelets with inlaid shells, etc. from over there.

Rob562

There is a silver shop over on the right hand side of the pavilion (right side being the right when you are looking at the volcano) that sells a lot of jewelry and some woven and leather goods. Some of the goods are nicer than others; I've gotten some nice bracelets with inlaid shells, etc. from over there.

Hmmm... Maybe that's the "jewelry shop" that's relocating and eventually becoming the tequila and fajita bar. (It'd make sense, as the restaurant's kitchen is on that side)

-Rob

StageFrenzy

i wonder which tequila line they will sell, hopefully not Jose Quervo the high ends are alright but the "gold" tequila is not a good outreach product. I think I have seen Sauza tequila on the cart and their mid to luxury products are solid (I love the hornitos line). But there are better products out there.

Phonedave

i wonder which tequila line they will sell, hopefully not Jose Quervo the high ends are alright but the "gold" tequila is not a good outreach product. I think I have seen Sauza tequila on the cart and their mid to luxury products are solid (I love the hornitos line). But there are better products out there.

I have seen Patron for sale on one of the carts. Or at least I think I have.

-dave

Gorjus

Original Poster
Yes you have seen Patron for sale there. Hopefully they will have a nice selection, but maybe what is taking so long is waiting for contracts to end so they can have a bigger selection than just Sauza, which I like better than Cuervo.

Rob562

Just an additional piece to the puzzle, in today's NotComm filings with the county, there was "Modification to walls, casework, lighting, doors and fire sprinklers to renovate Disney's Epcot Mexico Pavilion Merchandise Shop".
The outlined area on the page 3 map indicated generally where the Casa Mexicana room was, on the left-side of the pavilion.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom