Metal detectors fall all?

zengoth

Original Poster
At epcot today for first time in a month and it looks like everyone's going thru metal detectors bags or none. Is this park wide now?

zengoth

Original Poster
I do indeed but i cant figure out how to edit a title of a post. Just a cause of having to empty my pockets and submit to the scan

donsullivan

Premium Member
At epcot today for first time in a month and it looks like everyone's going thru metal detectors bags or none. Is this park wide now?

It started at Epcot during the holidays. Just before the peak week, they had installed scanners in between the bag scan tables. Sounds like they've finally found the proper equipment to take it up to 100%

Yert3

I am worried about their reliability. I once forgot to take my keys and phone out of my pockets and the detector didn't go off. It didn't even click with me until a few minutes later.

MissViv

We were there during Marathon weekend and some were going through metal detectors and some were not. I had a bag that was checked but did not have to go through the metal detector.

zengoth

Original Poster
Having bag check and metal detector done at the same time hopefully will be efficient. I had no bag, was asked to put my phone and keys in the bowl but was not wanded like other folks were. (I am already so conditioned by the state i already had my arms out when i was waved past.

EOD K9

I am worried about their reliability. I once forgot to take my keys and phone out of my pockets and the detector didn't go off. It didn't even click with me until a few minutes later.
There are sensitivity settings on the magnetometers. You can set them high or low. They may have been at a higher threshold to account for people leaving items in their pockets.

Florida_is_hot

I said this before and I will say it again.
Americans are weird.
1) It is ok "required" because the second amendment says so to own hand guns.
2) but I am paranoid about going to public places willing to submit to metal detectors everywhere just to feel save.

Meanwhile watch the news Paris, Berlin terrorism can happen anywhere.
The only way you will be safe is too stay at home.

If they want to wand me at Epcot ok fine, because of people like you I have no choice.
1) I will not feel any safer "Not like I worry going anywhere"
2) I will go back less often "WDW does not trust us why should I bother with them"

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Americans are weird.
2) but I am paranoid about going to public places willing to submit to metal detectors everywhere just to feel save.

If they want to wand me at Epcot ok fine, because of people like you I have no choice.
2) I will go back less often "WDW does not trust us why should I bother with them"
:confused:

matt9112

Having bag check and metal detector done at the same time hopefully will be efficient. I had no bag, was asked to put my phone and keys in the bowl but was not wanded like other folks were. (I am already so conditioned by the state i already had my arms out when i was waved past.

Sad really.....

matt9112

Americans are weird.

Wellllllll i own guns and I think the metal detectors are rediculous but that's because I know it isn't actually going to stop anything. It's all security theater. I don't mind them per say but since I know nothing can be prevented it seems like it's a hassle with no gain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom