Merchant of Venus construction

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Or rather it's a seating area for Auntie Gravity's ice cream shop it seems.

And whilst on topic, I've never heard in all my years anyone reference the fact the store's name is a play (lol) on the Shakespeare play, 'Merchant of Venice'.. I don't know if it's because it's totally obvious or people really don't know.. or care 😆

Umm no, you must be of a later generation. It's a reference for a Frederik Pohl novella "Merchants of Venus" which is a satire about runaway free market capitalism.

AndyS2992

I'm disappointed that the entire mural is gone. Is this the same store that was visable from the People Mover? It looks like they've lowered the ceiling, or am I getting this mixed up with another location?
I think that's Star Traders, at least that's the only store I recall seeing from the Peoplemover.

But even then, it appears the mural around top has been removed and replaced by white panels..
dsc03116.jpg

Last edited:

CoasterSnoop

Charging ports in a "decompression zone" are such an important point. If Disney wants guests to use their phones for everything in the parks including obtaining quick-service food, they better have plenty of spots to charge those phones.

This would've been a perfect opportunity to put in some and it was apparently completely missed.

JoeCamel

Charging ports in a "decompression zone" are such an important point. If Disney wants guests to use their phones for everything in the parks including obtaining quick-service food, they better have plenty of spots to charge those phones.

This would've been a perfect opportunity to put in some and it was apparently completely missed.
They want you to buy fuel rods....

raymusiccity

I think that's Star Traders, at least that's the only store I recall seeing from the Peoplemover.

But even then, it appears the mural around top has been removed and replaced by white panels..
dsc03116.jpg
Sure hope they just covered up the murals and didn’t tear them off. They were great art interpretations of an earlier Tomorrow Land…….and a Hidden Mickey, too !
CF70DF03-90D2-47F6-A703-5AED48344B72.jpeg

Last edited:

Thumbelina

I am loving that they reopened this. I cant wait to go in there and get photos of the posters! I am glad to see a nice spot to sit and eat icecream.

tcool123

Because those things are self-referential and tie back to the history of the park. Pointing out Merchant of Venus / Merchant of Venice is akin to saying, "Auntie Gravity, anti-gravity? Get it? GET IT?"
I knew about Merchant of Venus, didn’t know about Auntie Gravity 😅

Any other puns around Disney? Is the Disney Studio Store at Animation Courtyard secrectly a meta commentary on the state of capitlism and merchandising of one’s youth and intrinsic imagination?

AndyS2992

I knew about Merchant of Venus, didn’t know about Auntie Gravity 😅

Any other puns around Disney? Is the Disney Studio Store at Animation Courtyard secrectly a meta commentary on the state of capitlism and merchandising of one’s youth and intrinsic imagination?

couchcasting.jpg

Who thought this was a good idea? 😶

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom