Merchant of Venus construction

celluloid

Remember that XS tech vent in this gift shop? Dang it was a cool store and had that great attraction specific merch to a great attraction. I still have the parts of the action figure preshow set and a larger Plush Skippy as well.

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
Confirmation of a Stitch's Great Escape gutting / replacement?
Last time I visited Auntie Gravities a CM had pulled the tarp/wall back to go back there and it looked like the wall/fixtures had been gutted, did not look like they plan on turning this back into a merchandise location. At least from what I could see

roj2323

Confirmation of a Stitch's Great Escape gutting / replacement?
No, that's a construction permit, not a demolition / renovation permit. Unless they are changing a lightbulb, anything that requires an Electrican or hired construction labor (changing a fixture or putting up temporary walls for example) needs a permit like the one linked in your post.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
No, that's a construction permit, not a demolition / renovation permit. Unless they are changing a lightbulb, anything that requires an Electrican or hired construction labor (changing a fixture or putting up temporary walls for example) needs a permit like the one linked in your post.

It's Buena Vista Construction permit with it's boiler-plate description so it could be for anything.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Magic Kingdom Park Guests looking for some shade, cool air, and a place to sit will be able to visit the Merchant of Venus beginning August 12, when the former merchandise location reopens as a temporary decompression zone."

sullyinMT

"Magic Kingdom Park Guests looking for some shade, cool air, and a place to sit will be able to visit the Merchant of Venus beginning August 12, when the former merchandise location reopens as a temporary decompression zone."

So, like Star Wars Launch Bay when M&Gs were shuttered? That’s the next evolution in the reimagining of Tomorrowland?

castlecake2.0

So, like Star Wars Launch Bay when M&Gs were shuttered? That’s the next evolution in the reimagining of Tomorrowland?
I’d like to see what this looks like exactly, but the parks really do need places like this (as much as it pains me to say) for guests just to sit and scroll their twitter boxes. I see it everyday at work already, guests who have just lost the will to stand and plop themselves down on pathways to stare aimlessly at their phones. If they’re going to do it, why not give them a space to do it?

Br0ckford

I don't know why Decompression Zone made me laugh. I picture a family all hot and red in the face plopping down after fighting with each other. On their phones giving dirty looks to each other. Lol.

sullyinMT

I’d like to see what this looks like exactly, but the parks really do need places like this (as much as it pains me to say) for guests just to sit and scroll their twitter boxes. I see it everyday at work already, guests who have just lost the will to stand and plop themselves down on pathways to stare aimlessly at their phones. If they’re going to do it, why not give them a space to do it?
I don’t disagree in principle with what you’re saying. And I’d even concede that more places to grab shade/AC in central FL is not to be frowned upon. I just hope that a there is placed there, and not just some benches/tables.

Cmdr_Crimson

I don't know why Decompression Zone made me laugh. I picture a family all hot and red in the face plopping down after fighting with each other. On their phones giving dirty looks to each other. Lol.
I guess you don't remember Epcot's.........D-zone...
I don’t disagree in principle with what you’re saying. And I’d even concede that more places to grab shade/AC in central FL is not to be frowned upon. I just hope that a there is placed there, and not just some benches/tables.
Well, once upon a time guests got irked that they put cabanas you had to pay for adjacent to the old skyliner/bathroom building..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom