Merchandise and Food Pricing

JasonP

Original Poster
What gives with the odd ball pricing all throughout the parks and resorts? I purchased the Golf Ball in a Snow Globe at one of the stores on Main Street for $29.95 (which btw I have put off buying every time I was at the World for the last 15 years, This time that was not happening) Anway.....

That item was priced at MK for $29.95, then back at Coronado Springs I saw it for $24.95! Then in Tomorrowland we were hunting for Turkey Legs, we found 2 stands pretty much next to each other in Tomorrowland. One place for $9.65 and $10.99 and the next place. These places were less than 30 feet away from each other. Ha!

Not that big of a deal, just thought it was odd that you have to shop for the best price for items and food in the World.

tribbleorlfl

What gives with the odd ball pricing all throughout the parks and resorts? I purchased the Golf Ball in a Snow Globe at one of the stores on Main Street for $29.95 (which btw I have put off buying every time I was at the World for the last 15 years, This time that was not happening) Anway.....

That item was priced at MK for $29.95, then back at Coronado Springs I saw it for $24.95! Then in Tomorrowland we were hunting for Turkey Legs, we found 2 stands pretty much next to each other in Tomorrowland. One place for $9.65 and $10.99 and the next place. These places were less than 30 feet away from each other. Ha!

Not that big of a deal, just thought it was odd that you have to shop for the best price for items and food in the World.
I'm guessing with the snow globe, they just don't sell as many back at Coronado, thus they still have the old price tags on them.

Regarding the Turkey price variances, is it possible the higher one came with a bag of chips? I've seen them for sale both ways, as the bag of chips makes the turkey leg a cs credit in the ddp.

jloucks

My guess is that people are willing to pay more at different places. ...so they charge more.

Demand fluctuates by location so price is adjusted to maximize sales/profits at individual locations.

Or it could be just somebody dropping the ball on price changes.Occam's Razor.

JasonP

Original Poster
See I never really thought that to be true. If I goto a baseball game up in NY now that stuff is overpriced. Down here everything is above normal but not crazily.

Courtney6682

See I never really thought that to be true. If I goto a baseball game up in NY now that stuff is overpriced. Down here everything is above normal but not crazily.

YES! I just had this conversation the other day..Here in Philly at a Phillies game a bottle of Dasani is $5 which we gladly pay when we need one and a beer is around $8...last yr a dasani at MK was only $2.50! That's a steal compared to what we are used to..

Daniel Johnson

No different then a sporting event. Beer and food can vary in price.
I've never really noticed beer or food different prices at any sports event I've been to. Of course, some beer carts might have different beers, thus different prices.
I would think disney world would be pretty cohesive on prices in the parks. There is no gain to up charging one place and low charging another, just more work for the accounting dept. It would make sense if one price you saw was a turkey leg by its self and the other, higher price, was a leg with a bag of chips...But, a different price between a park and a resort, yea, different clientele. People probably won't notice a difference from the two. I do know my wife has taken things back to stores at resorts if we found the same items cheaper at another store there.

BrianV

I've never noticed any variation in pricing. Food in interesting because as someone mentioned, it might have been slightly different presentation. But items in a store usually seem to be the same everywhere.

EpcoTim

YES! I just had this conversation the other day..Here in Philly at a Phillies game a bottle of Dasani is $5 which we gladly pay when we need one and a beer is around $8...last yr a dasani at MK was only $2.50! That's a steal compared to what we are used to..

In all fairness, regular people aren't really supposed to attend sporting events in Philly. Philadelphia sports is clearly aimed at sub-humans, cavemen and dogs of very low intelligence.

raven

Could just put some silver paint on a real golf ball then chuck it in a mason jar filled with water and call it a day. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom