Merch/Package drop off at park entrance?

beertiki

Original Poster
Next week I will be going from Trader Sam's to Animal Kingom, and I will be buying several ceramic mugs. It will be our last night, so I do not think shipping the mugs to our resort will be an option. Is it possible to drop these boxes at guest services as we enter to park and pick them up on the way out? I had thought about a locker, but I do not think the Nautilus will fit. Thanks for any info.

JIMINYCR

They will not ship back to your resort because you will be checking out the next day. I think they may recommend using the lockers. I dont think guest services would accept holding a package for you. According to Dads guide to WDW the lockers are 11" tall by 9" wide by 16" deep. There are some bigger lockers at some of the parks (that fill up real quickly) that are 17" tall by 12" wide by 22" inches deep.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Next week I will be going from Trader Sam's to Animal Kingom, and I will be buying several ceramic mugs. It will be our last night, so I do not think shipping the mugs to our resort will be an option. Is it possible to drop these boxes at guest services as we enter to park and pick them up on the way out? I had thought about a locker, but I do not think the Nautilus will fit. Thanks for any info.

You can request merchandise you purchased in the parks be sent to Guest Services to be picked up when you leave the park. But no, you cannot drop off merchandise you bought elsewhere and ask them to hold it for you while you visit the park. As @JIMINYCR commented, lockers are available for rent. I've only rented a locker at MK and I believe they have two sizes available. And part of your payment will be refunded when you turn in your key.

DisneyJoe

Ask at the front desk at the Poly, they may be able to tell you how to have the package shipped to your home; worst case, the business center at the GF or CR could do it.

I assume you don't have room in your suitcase? On our last trip, my wife took 4 coffee mugs out of their rather large boxes and made sure they were sufficiently wrapped and put in our suitcase and they made it home just fine on our flight.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Ask at the front desk at the Poly, they may be able to tell you how to have the package shipped to your home; worst case, the business center at the GF or CR could do it.

I assume you don't have room in your suitcase? On our last trip, my wife took 4 coffee mugs out of their rather large boxes and made sure they were sufficiently wrapped and put in our suitcase and they made it home just fine on our flight.

Good point. I know the shops in the parks will ship home. I'd ask about that at a resort gift shop.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
You can request merchandise you purchased in the parks be sent to Guest Services to be picked up when you leave the park. But no, you cannot drop off merchandise you bought elsewhere and ask them to hold it for you while you visit the park. As @JIMINYCR commented, lockers are available for rent. I've only rented a locker at MK and I believe they have two sizes available. And part of your payment will be refunded when you turn in your key.
They've automated the lockers, you no longer get a key, you pay with a credit card at a kiosk and they give you a code for one of the lockers of the size you request. When you're finished with the locker, it gives you the option to release it so others can rent it or you can keep it for the full day if you want to get stuff in and out during the day.

LAKid53

Premium Member
They've automated the lockers, you no longer get a key, you pay with a credit card at a kiosk and they give you a code for one of the lockers of the size you request. When you're finished with the locker, it gives you the option to release it so others can rent it or you can keep it for the full day if you want to get stuff in and out during the day.

I've not used a locker in a few years, so it's nice that Disney has gone keyless and you can pay at a kiosk. Sounds similar to how Uni handles rentals if their lockers.

anchorman314

One thing to keep in mind with the lockers is they're inside the gates (and after bag check). The bag check guards might not let ceramic mugs purchased outside the park past the check area.

beertiki

Original Poster
One thing to keep in mind with the lockers is they're inside the gates (and after bag check). The bag check guards might not let ceramic mugs purchased outside the park past the check area.

I have brought ceramic mugs into every park. They sell them in every park. These are made by Disney, and sold at a Disney resort.

anchorman314

I have brought ceramic mugs into every park. They sell them in every park. These are made by Disney, and sold at a Disney resort.
I know that. My comment was based off the fact that I was behind someone at bag check that bought a glass item at a hotel and was not allowed to bring it in to the park. I was simply offering a cautionary tale based off my personal experience. I didn't say it was a definite.

DisneyJoe

Also check the ShopDisney app - if the same items exist on that app, order from there and have them shipped direct to your home. I believe you can even scan the barcode in the store.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom