Memory Maker Vs Go Pro

Angie_793

Original Poster
I'm trying to decide between paying $150 for the memory maker vs a little bit more for the cheaper Go Pro. Any ideas or tips? Would it be worth it to carry around the go pro and not take away everything else?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think they are quite different options.

One is a still photo service that will capture images of your entire group at variety of locations.

The other is an action-cam that is primarily for video, which you would need to use to take the images.

I personally hate Go-Pro footage due to the large amount of camera shake and distortion of the image. So I would go with Memory Maker given those two choices.

Jahona

I have to agree with @wdwmagic on this one. A Go-Pro will never give you the same quality or framing of photos taken by Memory Maker. It's primarily a video camera. It can complement Memory Maker but never replace entirely. Also remember Memory Maker also includes on ride photographs.

I personally hate Go-Pro footage due to the large amount of camera shake and distortion of the image. So I would go with Memory Maker given those two choices.

Holds up video with 3 axis stabilized and distortion corrected Go-Pro footage...... walks away with head down, can't win them all.

DisneyFans4Life

I would go the Memory Maker route between the two options. But in all reality, I'd rather buy a nice camera versus a GoPro. Any CM will take your photo with your camera...all you have to do is ask. If we have a CM take our photo...we always give them ours and ask them to use their own as well as ours.

thomas998

I would go the Memory Maker route between the two options. But in all reality, I'd rather buy a nice camera versus a GoPro. Any CM will take your photo with your camera...all you have to do is ask. If we have a CM take our photo...we always give them ours and ask them to use their own as well as ours.
This... If you are on a limited budget the best option is a decent point and shoot camera. Only thing you would miss with it from a memory maker is the ride photos and honestly they are a mixed bag because often the person in front of you on a ride may very well end up with their hand in front of your face...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom