Memory Maker video editor for Tower of Terror is slacking

Rodj

Original Poster
Recently I have been seeing this a lot so I thought I would share this. The video editor for Memory Maker on the ToT which creates the 37 second videos has been really slacking on putting the effects on the video it takes. I first saw this in January and thought it was a glitch in the system at the time but now it is happening constant this month and maybe part of last month too. The videos so far of it seem to be on Echo but it is hard to tell if it is happening on Foxtrot too. On the video when it shows the first camera footage it should fade the outside of it and make it move around slightly but now it is not even trying to do it, and on the second camera footage at the top it is starting too early and is constantly in slow mode which means it cuts out the video before the VVC even starts dropping. The way how it should work is that when it first starts, it is replaying at normal speed for one second and then goes into slow mode, when the drop sound plays in the video it then goes back into normal speed for half a second and then cuts off. What's odd is that it is always choosing the alternative bellhop greeting part while when it was normal it would choose the other one most of the time. Is the Memory Maker system calling it quits now?
Here is a video of it at night:

Here is a video of it at day time which this one it cut to black for a second for some reason:

Rodj

Original Poster
Things have gotten worse. I can confirm it is happening to both Foxtrot and Echo. Now the video SKIPS the hallway camera portion and for a few seconds the stars overlay the portion before it shows the sign camera. It did not even put the alternative placeholder scene in for it, it just skips to the WDSP drop video and it skips ahead in the audio too.

Rodj

Original Poster
Found another video where the hallway camera was working, but the sign camera did not, which is the big part of the Memory Maker video:
At this point people should start complaining to Disney that they are not getting the on-ride video which they paid for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom