King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Crazy vegas trip report ?

Yes Please GIF by memecandy

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Okay - so here are the plans. Four nights in Vegas at the Venetian Resort, but it is actually going to be five nights because we decided to book a room at the TWA Hotel at JFK the night before. If you don't know the TWA, here it is.

Our flight to Vegas is at 8AM the morning after staying at the TWA, but luckily, we are flying JetBlue, and the TWA is located right outside the JetBlue terminal. So that means we only have to wake up at 5AM, not 4.,

Also luckily, in my momentary insanity, I booked us in JetBlue "Mint" class, which is their version of First Class. It goes a little something like this:

You don't wanna know how much I paid for these seats, and I don't wanna know either. Let's just say those slot machines better go
ka-ching about a thousand and one times.

A lot of shows are starting to open in Vegas already, but they are really pricey. Most seem to be going for about $150 per ticket, which is pretty ridiculous for shows that average 90 minutes or less, but to add insult to injury, there are service charges of like $50.00 if you try to book online. I think we'll wait until we get there to see what we want to do.

We also want to make some restaurant reservations, but not being Vegas experts, we're not sure of any "must-do's". If anyone has any suggestions, that would be great.

Anyway, thanks for all the enthusiasm!

Paging @Rista1313
@BuddyThomas needs Vegas help!
Also, those pictures of the TWA hotel look way better than I have ever seen it look live! How do they do that? I would love lots of pictures of it please! (And specific question, is it convenient to pop in to the hotel for a drink if one is at terminal 5 too early for their flight? Or is it hotel guests only?)

93boomer

Premium Member
Hey everyone! So, as you may recall, I've been waiting for a return to Disney after a pretty long time away, and in the meantime, I've tortured you with trip reports from Key West, Busch Gardens, Niagara Falls, etc. We had been planning on a 2020 trip to WDW, but then, of course, the pandemic hit and everything went horrible and insane.

Now, over a year later, we have miraculously survived, and the Philmonster and I are both fully vaccinated. Phil is not quite ready to walk around a 90 degree theme park with a mask on, so we are looking at fall 2021 or early 2022 for WDW. In the meantime, we momentarily lost our minds and booked a trip for Memorial Day weekend to Adult Disney World, or, Las Vegas, as it is more commonly known. This is probably crazy and premature, but we plan to be very careful and take every safety precaution possible - masks, sanitizer, etc. and again, we are fully vaxxed.

On the other hand, the booze will be flowing like the River Jordan. 😊

My question is this - do you guys want a crazy Vegas trip report? Let me know and thanks.
YESSSS!!! And we stayed at the Venetian a few years back so I would love to see if it’s changed. 😊

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
Paging @Rista1313
@BuddyThomas needs Vegas help!
Also, those pictures of the TWA hotel look way better than I have ever seen it look live! How do they do that? I would love lots of pictures of it please! (And specific question, is it convenient to pop in to the hotel for a drink if one is at terminal 5 too early for their flight? Or is it hotel guests only?)
The TWA bars are not for hotel guests only and there is apparently a dedicated walkway right in from terminal 5, but I think you have to make reservations for the Sunken Lounge, and according to their website, the lounge on the actual TWA plane is closed for the time being due to COVID.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom