Trip Report DELETE

cant wait to see this GIF

I can't wait to hear about it all!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Buddy, that Covid excuse has sailed already. Can you maybe just go to the bank branch directly, and ask them to make you a card on the spot?

I'm only asking because last year, a similar situation happened to me (someone had charged $98 in Australia!! on my card, at that time), and the bank security flagged and notified me. Cancelled the card immediately and gave me the option of letting them send me a card (no thanks on that!), or I could go to my local branch which I did. Got a card made right there on the spot -- AND, this was during the worst of the Covid issues. I called ahead and made an appt. for that day. Worked out fine.

Rista1313

Okay, so first disaster of the trip has occurred.

This morning, I was sitting here, working from home for the fifteen millionth day in a row, minding my own business, when all of a sudden, I get a text message from my bank that wants to know if I just tried to withdraw $1.00 from a WaWa in Denver Colorado. Emmmm, I don't even know what a WaWa is, and I definitely did not try to withdraw a dollar from it, so I responded NO, and my bank immediately froze my card due to potential identity theft.

This is not my first time at this particular rodeo - it has happened at least four or five times before, and I have to give my bank credit for catching it, but it is still a major inconvenience. I called them and told them that I'm leaving on vacation this Saturday and asked if I could go into my local branch to pick up a temporary card, which I've always done in the past with no problem.

They said "No, due to COVID restrictions.".

Huh???????????

I guess they don't want a lot of people in the bank or something, but maybe this guy didn't know what he was talking about and I will try in person tomorrow.

They are supposedly "expediting" me a new card that is set to arrive on Thursday, but I'll believe that one when I see it.

Annnnnyway, we'll see how this plays out, but a very annoying thing to happen right before a big trip. Grrrrrrrrr.

Sorry that stinks! I hope you get your card in time. Personally, I don't use my debit card while traveling. I put everything on my credit card, and then pay it off when I get home. That way I get the airline points, and don't have to worry about some douchebag wiping out my bank account.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hey there. Oh yes, it happened all right. We just got back and I'll be doing a full trip report next week, but in the meantime, here is a sneak preview:

View attachment 561972

View attachment 561973

View attachment 561975

View attachment 561976

View attachment 561977

View attachment 561978

View attachment 561979

View attachment 561980

Back to you next week with all the crazy details! :p :p :p

Oh, I can't wait for all the fun deets!!! :joyfull:

So glad you're back safe and sound, and from the looks of your photos, I think you two had a great vacation!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom