Memorial Day Weekend 5/25-5/28/07

The year 2007 hasn’t really been a good one for me. I experienced student teaching from hell and I had little things here and there that never helped me any. The one bright spot was my college graduation, and well the other bright spot was this past weekend at WDW. Despite the heat, love bugs, and tired feet, I had an awesome time. I saw some new things, we became more spontaneous :lookaroun and I got to meet a couple of wdwmagic members :D I have a lot of pics and a couple of videos, so enjoy!

Friday, 5/25/07

We checked into POR at around 9:30 or so and the lobby was real nice. We haven’t been to POR since 1992 (back when it was Dixie Landings) so everything looked new to me. We ate at the food court and bought the YOAMD refillable mugs. We then drove to our room which was in the Acadian House. We thought the walk to the food court would be long from there but it really isn’t so that was good. The rooms were also nice and we loved the little refrigerator :lol: We were able to put water in there, as well as desserts we hadn’t finished and even pizza we hadn’t finished. Not much else to say so I’ll just go straight to the next day.

Saturday, 5/26/07

We got to MK right as the welcome show was starting and I was able to get a few pictures while my sister got some video of it.

100B0700.jpg

100B0740.jpg

100B0760.jpg

We then went into City Hall so my brother and sister could get birthday buttons (my brother’s birthday was on Memorial Day and my sister’s won’t be for a couple of weeks but obviously we won’t be back then). We then hung around the Emporium and waited for the Trolley Show. If you’ve never seen the Trolley Show, here is the video of it.

More to come…

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
We realized Dream Along with Mickey would be starting soon so we waited in front of the castle for the show to start. I just love this show and would end up seeing it twice this day. And it’s not just because Donald saves the day :lookaroun but it is a great show and it has catchy music. Here are pictures of the show:

100B0811.jpg

100B0980.jpg

Goofy getting his groove on :lookaroun
100_0895.jpg

100_0899.jpg

100_0900.jpg

100_0906.jpg

100B0941.jpg

My favorite duck standing up to my favorite villain…how conflicting for me!
100B0970.jpg

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
After the show we went over to POTC and after coming out of the ride, we saw Captain Jack’s tutorial starting. I must say it was strange seeing someone other than Johnny Depp playing Captain Jack, but this guy did a good job, and he was cute :lol: I also loved the guy who played “Mack.”

100_3245.jpg

100_1011-1.jpg

100_3247.jpg

100_3249.jpg

Our next stop was Frontierland, HM, and then Sherman’s (Computer Magic) favorite attraction, Philharmagic. I told him I’d make up a sign and take a picture with it, and I did not disappoint :D

100_1017.jpg

sherm.jpg

After, we went into the store and I bought my sister these cute Minnie ears. As I was paying for it, the lady asked if she wanted Goofy to sing “Happy Birthday” to her. And well my sister was excited about it…

100_1022.jpg

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
We stopped off at Tomorrowland to ride Buzz and to see MILF. I didn’t think we’d enjoy the attraction so much, but we ended up seeing the show 3 times on this trip. It is super cute and I enjoyed the humor. No it’s not for everyone, but I enjoy this kind of humor and all 3 times the show was very well-received by the audience. The one drawback is I can tell if we frequent the attraction too much, it may get old fast. But for now, we enjoy it because even though it’s scripted for the most part, there is always something that will make the show different since it’s interactive.

100_1026.jpg

100_3261.jpg

We then met up with my parents for lunch at LTT. We really enjoyed the lunch. I had the Angus Chuck cheeseburger which was filling but awesome. My mom ended up loving the mugs so much she got one. I had told the girl at check-in that we had two birthdays and so this happened:

Here are a few more pics:
100_1030.jpg

100_1033.jpg

100_3264.jpg

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
We caught Woody’s Cowboy Camp and thought it was very cute. The cowboy leading the hoedown was cute and he had a really nice cowboy voice :lookaroun

100_3285.jpg

100_3283.jpg

100_3282.jpg

100_3278.jpg

100_3266.jpg

We went on POTC again because my parents hadn’t seen it and my sister then told me she wanted something icy and fruity. I thought of a Dole Whip since everyone at wdwmagic raves about them and we had never tried one. We got a Pineapple Float and a Dole Whip and I think my sister’s life has been altered forever :lookaroun She will forever more get one of these on each trip. As for me, both were good but not life-altering either :lol:

We had finished everything at MK at 6:30 and didn’t really feel like waiting around for Wishes/Spectromagic. So, we went to MGM instead to catch Fantasmic and ride ToT. That was our first moment of spontaneity. We do have one more :lol: That is all for today, the next day is coming up. Thanks for sticking with me this far :lol:

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
Sunday, 5/27/07

We had breakfast at Cape May Café in the Beach Club. Since we had some time, I took some pictures at our hotel. This is the view we had from our room, which is a step up from the parking lot.

100_1084.jpg

100_1085.jpg

Also took this one
100_1092.jpg

We headed over to the Beach Club and I have to say this was a very nice character breakfast. My brother got to see Goofy (his favorite character) and my mom got to see Minnie :lol: The characters came around twice I believe which was good and their breakfast pizza was VERY good. I also told the girl at check-in about the birthdays and they received little cakes which no one finished. They survived a day in the car until we got back to the hotel in the afternoon and were able to be taken to the room. Here are pics of the breakfast.

100_1110.jpg

100_1112.jpg

100_1115.jpg

100_1119.jpg

100_1127.jpg

100_1121.jpg

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
Can’t believe I forgot to say this. It’ll be out of order but who cares? This goes back to my MK day...I had to go back to Philharmagic on Saturday because my mom had bought these Mickey and Donald grad plushies for my sister and me. Turns out I had bought the same things when I was at Philharmagic the first time. So I went and returned them. Lo and behold I run into Doug (MKCP1985) in front of the attraction and we took a picture for Sherman to be jealous. So here is it :lookaroun

100_1047.jpg

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
Ok now we can continue from where I left off :lol: Here are a few pictures of the back part of the Beach Club
100_1129.jpg

100_1130.jpg

100_1131.jpg

We walked from the Beach Club to Epcot and headed over to The Seas since my parents didn’t see this last time.
100_1144.jpg

We then headed to Mouse Gear and my mom got my sister and me Mickey Grad ears for both our graduations.
100_1148.jpg

100_1150.jpg

We then headed to Mexico so we can see Gran Fiesta, which I LOVED of course!!!! And to top it off, we met the Three Caballeros right outside!
100_1163.jpg

We walked over to the American Adventure, saw Voices of Liberty (great as usual!) I have a video of their performance but it’s kinda long and people started talking which ruined it. However, if you’re interested, I can upload it and post it later. Just let me know :wave: We then headed back to POR for lunch and then headed to Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine.

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
After church we headed back to POR. On the way we were trying to figure out what to do since it was 7pm. My sister and I suddenly thought maybe we should go to MK to see Wishes and Spectromagic since we didn’t the day before. My parents stayed behind and ate at Boatwright’s while my sister and I took the bus to MK (my brother would join us later). This was our big spontaneous moment :lol: We also realized they had EMH. Not that we took advantage of it, since all we did was ride TTA again and see MILF again. Oh well. Here are pictures of Wishes and the castle.

100_1183.jpg

100_1184.jpg

100_1197.jpg

100_1199.jpg

100_1219.jpg

100_1221.jpg

100_1224.jpg

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
Here are the few pictures I took of Spectromagic. I learned that even with the cool new camera we have, you still have to be able to take good pictures. We did have a trash can to use as a steady surface but I didn’t feel like getting up so oh well. I still need to work on my night pictures :lol:

100_1227.jpg

100_1262.jpg

100_1264.jpg

100_1265.jpg

Monday, 5/28/07

So we did AK before coming home. I only took like 4 pictures and will only post two. Sorry :lol: We basically went for Everest, the Nemo musical, and Dinosaur. We didn’t really have time for anything else. But here are my comments: Everest was great as usual. Nemo the musical was great! My sister thought it was a little cheesy (what musical isn’t?) and my brother misses Tarzan Rocks, but I really enjoyed it. Yes some songs were cheesy, but the performers were fantastic and it’s too bad no video or photography is allowed. Oh well. I will definitely see this again. We also met up with Joe (barnum42) for Nemo and Dinosaur and here is the picture I took with him :D

100_1291.jpg

Last one is a picture we took with Launchpad McQuack, which was totally cool!!

100_1288.jpg

Well, that’s it. Thanks for reading!!

hcswingfield

Thanks for taking the time to share all this with the rest of us. Looks like you and your family had a great time! And your night shots look great, too, esp. the ones of Wishes.

metscool

Thats is great. You had a great time. Someone should stop by where I work and see me. I work all the time and the two days that I have off I am to tired to go to Disney.

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
Yay!!! Thanks for sharing Regina!!! Sounds like you had a great time!!!

And glad to see Joe is doing ok! I miss that little !!!
:lol: I'll let him know. My sister and I were quite taken with his accent :lookaroun

I wish I had spent more time with Doug (and it's sad because we were in the same hotel) but our paths never crossed except this one time. But my one compliment to him is he has gorgeous eyes :lookaroun :D

primetime52

Great report and great pictures! How were the crowds while you were there? I'm going Thurs - Monday this week (5/31). It's been years since I've taken a May or June trip to WDW so I'm not too familiar with the crowds during this time of year. I'm sure it will be quite hot outside, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom