Member Services Welcome Voice

nicb88

Original Poster
When contacting Member Services, they've now replaced the male voice that read out the welcome and menu options with a computerised female version. It's not even like Siri/Alexa, just a basic computer voice. It's pretty terrible! I asked when speaking with Member Services and apparently this is a 'new improvement'.

It sounds like it's from the 90s and it certainly isn't an improvement so I don't see where they get 'new improvement' from!

eliza61nyc

LOL, gotta tell you nicb88, if you offered me a million bucks to tell you what the automated voice sounded like, I'd be broke because I couldn't tell you.

Those automated voices are so ubiquitous now that I don't pay attention. they are like background noise.

nicb88

Original Poster
Well, this one you can't ignore... :banghead: You have to listen to it because they've also changed the menu options! It's just like they've dragged some text reading software out from the late 90s, blown off the dust and said 'well this will do just fine!'

EOD K9

Well, this one you can't ignore... :banghead: You have to listen to it because they've also changed the menu options! It's just like they've dragged some text reading software out from the late 90s, blown off the dust and said 'well this will do just fine!'
Of course it will, you don’t have to pay a voice actor.

Last edited:

nicb88

Original Poster
Of it will, you don’t have to pay a voice actor.

I do realise there are ‘benefits’ to it, but none of them are for the guest.

After having spoken to the Member Services agent about it, I was contacted by DVC Member Satisfaction who said they’ve received a lot of ‘queries’ about it and will likely review it.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I mentioned it during a call today and was told that they are receiving a high number of complaints regarding the new recording.

Some of the options with the new recording are borderline inaudible. It was refreshing to hear the normal voice at the end for the survey.

nicb88

Original Poster
I mentioned it during a call today and was told that they are receiving a high number of complaints regarding the new recording.

Some of the options with the new recording are borderline inaudible. It was refreshing to hear the normal voice at the end for the survey.

As I stated if it were more like Siri or Alexa it’d be more palatable but it’s the sheer age and, like you say, inaudibleness that make it almost offensive!

I didn’t see the need to change the old voice, really. Even if just because of familiarity it had a Disney feel to it (I suppose it has echoes of the monorail soundtrack). The new ‘voice’ just sounds like computer noise.

nicb88

Original Poster
While I know this won't be thrilling for many, they have changed the voice once again. It's pretty much a newer version of the old voice and way better than the computerised voice they implemented a few months back! Clear and welcoming!

EOD K9

Great. Last month I also voiced my concern after I spoke with member services. She too, said they received a lot of complaints.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom