Meeting Girls/Guys

eliza61nyc

Tell me a few stories from there please!

Easy dude, it really was't all that. Disney springs was actually divided up into 3 sections (or was it two). One of those divisions was Pleasure Island. It did have a really cool "bar" called the Adventurers club. Kungaloosh!!
there were a bunch of nightclubs that featured various types of music. for example BET had a club.

LOL, for me the problem with "hooking up" is that basically everyone there is on vacation, I'm not one for long distance relationships. so I meet someone from Cali but I live in NY, then what??

CoasterSnoop

So I'm 18 a senior in high school and staying at the swan next week. Definitely want to meet some nice women! Give me the tips!!!

Okay so, you need to get on top of one of the swans on the roof. I know it sounds hard but trust me, if you tell the person guarding the door to the ladder what you're doing (his name's Dave. Nice guy. Tell him Aaronardo sent you), he'll give a smile and nod and let you in the door. Climb the ladder, and be sure to not trip over any wires as you're making your way across the roof. Scale the swan once you get to it (it's easier than it looks, especially if you're climbing the one facing north, it has a sizable crack in the lower part of the left wing) and once you're on top of its head, screech "18M LOOKING FOR SOME NICE WOMEN" as loud as you can.

They'll be practically stepping over each other to get to you.

ElvisMickey

Tell me a few stories from there please!

To keep it as PG as possible lol, It was a lot of fun! You knew that everyone who was on the Island was there to party because they paid an admission charge. It was a good mix of people who were there on vacation, conferences and some nights, Cast Members. As someone who was in his 20s at the time and was not yet living in the Orlando area, I spent most nights on my solo Disney vacations at Pleasure Island before stumbling out of there at 2AM to sneak a few hours of sleep in before the next morning's rope drop at whatever park I was going to.

Minthorne

I could tell the story of how when walking in MGM Studios back in 1995 I ended up meeting the guy who played the Beast in the BatB stage show (he was on his day off) and I got a very intimate tour of lots of backstage areas ;)

Oh to be 25 again...

davis_unoxx

Okay so, you need to get on top of one of the swans on the roof. I know it sounds hard but trust me, if you tell the person guarding the door to the ladder what you're doing (his name's Dave. Nice guy. Tell him Aaronardo sent you), he'll give a smile and nod and let you in the door. Climb the ladder, and be sure to not trip over any wires as you're making your way across the roof. Scale the swan once you get to it (it's easier than it looks, especially if you're climbing the one facing north, it has a sizable crack in the lower part of the left wing) and once you're on top of its head, screech "18M LOOKING FOR SOME NICE WOMEN" as loud as you can.

They'll be practically stepping over each other to get to you.
Sounds great!

davis_unoxx

To keep it as PG as possible lol, It was a lot of fun! You knew that everyone who was on the Island was there to party because they paid an admission charge. It was a good mix of people who were there on vacation, conferences and some nights, Cast Members. As someone who was in his 20s at the time and was not yet living in the Orlando area, I spent most nights on my solo Disney vacations at Pleasure Island before stumbling out of there at 2AM to sneak a few hours of sleep in before the next morning's rope drop at whatever park I was going to.
Sounds awesome! Also how you like living in Orlando? I might want to live there when I'm older.

Paper straw fan

There’s even meetup groups where it’s mostly (but not all) singles, usually in the state that organize meets, or even some one off “I’m going to MK by myself anyone want to meet?”

I’d say it might be easier if the thread reviver was 21, as I’d guess most under 21 who are there w their families, and when that was me, hitting on some girl with her dad 5 feet away didn’t seem like a great idea. Still I admire this kids moxie

Beacon Joe

It's why - even during my surly high school days - I never griped when my parents said we were going to Disney World. Well, first because EPCOT Center was still awesome and I secretly still loved everything about the parks. And second, because I had learned that faking the mopey teenage angst of whining, "did your parents drag you here, too," was often a hell of a successful way to chat up girls.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom