Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

sheriffwoody

Looks like such a fun anniversary! I am seriously considering switching my last night in July to the Beach Club just to go to that pool. Whenever we have stayed there, I haven't gotten to enjoy it because R's not interested in pools (he burns easily...so I get it).

they were getting ready to close (at a surprisingly early hour for a bar)
I have noticed this at other resorts! The one at Saratoga Springs closed at 9:30 :oops:. I guess since it feels like a retirement community anyway, they go all out with that theme :hilarious:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Pretty sure we stayed in your Yacht Club room (or one on either side) as I recognize that view!
Surprised you didn’t go into “teacher mode” with your personalized Yachtsman’s menu....your name should have been plural, not possessive. 😉

blreinsel

Original Poster
Happy Anniversary and what a great tradition you are starting!

You really have me missing the Yacht Club! I tried walking around barefoot on the carpets in our house last night, but it's not even close. ;)

Thank you! We absolutely loved Yacht Club and I hope to get back there some day, though we have a lot of other resorts to visit first. ;) I don't think any carpets in the world could compare to the ones there! Lol

Looks like such a fun anniversary! I am seriously considering switching my last night in July to the Beach Club just to go to that pool. Whenever we have stayed there, I haven't gotten to enjoy it because R's not interested in pools (he burns easily...so I get it).

I have noticed this at other resorts! The one at Saratoga Springs closed at 9:30 :oops:. I guess since it feels like a retirement community anyway, they go all out with that theme :hilarious:

The pool was incredible! It was so hard to leave it, and I'm honestly not that big of a pool person either.

Oh my word! This one was a bit later than that, but it still seemed very early. But there weren't a lot of people there so maybe that's their rationale.. no reason to stay open if people aren't spending money!

Pretty sure we stayed in your Yacht Club room (or one on either side) as I recognize that view!
Surprised you didn’t go into “teacher mode” with your personalized Yachtsman’s menu....your name should have been plural, not possessive. 😉

We loved our room and our view!

I did actually. :hilarious: I just didn't want to say anything, especially after they had already redone them for us once. However, the one that said my name on it was also possessive so whoever is in charge of the menu personalization just doesn't get it. :hilarious:

riverside

What a great way to celebrate your anniversary!! It sounds like it was so much fun!!
I was so excited to hear your take on Yachtsman. I'm eating there next week for the first time
& after reading this I'm even more excited to try it. Your meal looked amazing--I think that is what I am
going to go with!!

blreinsel

Original Poster
What a great way to celebrate your anniversary!! It sounds like it was so much fun!!
I was so excited to hear your take on Yachtsman. I'm eating there next week for the first time
& after reading this I'm even more excited to try it. Your meal looked amazing--I think that is what I am
going to go with!!

I can't recommend it enough! I hope you have just as great of an experience as we did! :hungry:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Headed down tomorrow...maybe I'll catch you in a food line somewhere... This trip is Disney-lite, if that's a thing..???

I’ll definitely be there Wednesday evening, and probably Thursday morning. It’s possible! 🤗 Have a magical time!!

blreinsel

Original Poster
I’m sure we will!! I can’t wait!!
I’ll be there the 18th-25th. I’ll be keeping my eye out for you—however, is there a chance we can meet?? Us PA girls got to stick together!!

Definitely! My best friend will be in town visiting that week so I’ll be in the parks pretty much everyday. However, I’ll be limited to whatever park they plan on doing that day!

riverside

Definitely! My best friend will be in town visiting that week so I’ll be in the parks pretty much everyday. However, I’ll be limited to whatever park they plan on doing that day!
I’ll message you with our park days & if it works out & we can meet for a quick hello that would be fun!!

dieboy

Saturday, May 19

As the old saying goes, a rainy day in Disney is better than a sunny day elsewhere. :p Dylan and I met @wishes2013 and some other friends from school in a mostly empty AK! It rained the majority of the day, but we made the best of it and still had lots of fun!

Was down in April, downpoured for about an hour and a half late afternoon. Park cleared out. One of the BEST safaris I have ever been on. Every animal was out frolicking around. Lesson learned, plan AK for a semi rainy day. So worth it. But shhhhh don't tell anyone else :p

blreinsel

Original Poster
Really have enjoyed reading your trip report and will continue to follow along. I hardly, if ever, post but I just wanted to let you that I enjoy your Disney adventures.

Aww thank you! Happy to have you along for the ride. 😊

Was down in April, downpoured for about an hour and a half late afternoon. Park cleared out. One of the BEST safaris I have ever been on. Every animal was out frolicking around. Lesson learned, plan AK for a semi rainy day. So worth it. But shhhhh don't tell anyone else :p

Lol! It’s one of the best AK days I’ve ever had, despite the rain! That safari was incredible.. I guess the animals love the rain! 😝

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom