Measurement balloons and small platforms in DAK lagoon. Hint for possible nighttime show?

Suspirian

Original Poster
I posted this picture in the avatar thread, but I wasn't sure if it was the right place for it. I was at DAK on Wednesday and I saw three red balloon that looked similar to hight balloons laying the the part of DAK's lagoon near EE. I also saw three small platforms covered with netting near the balloons. I was thinking it could be for the rumored nighttime show, but I'm not a WDW regular so forgive me if this is a regular occurrence. This was the best picture I was able to get on my phone, but I do have to more on my actual camera

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 381

SirLink

I posted this picture in the avatar thread, but I wasn't sure if it was the right place for it. I was at DAK on Wednesday and I saw three red balloon that looked similar to hight balloons laying the the part of DAK's lagoon near EE. I also saw three small platforms covered with netting near the balloons. I was thinking it could be for the rumored nighttime show, but I'm not a WDW regular so forgive me if this is a regular occurrence. This was the best picture I was able to get on my phone, but I do have to more on my actual camera

@marni1971 already said it was.

Suspirian

Original Poster
Strobe light swimming!! A Next Gen Experience available at a Fastpass Plus near the new Tarzan Bathrooms! Ok I've covered all the jokes (I'm sure there will be more) so......

I would love a World of Color type show! I'm not getting my hopes up though...I've done that too much lately :confused:
As well as Jungle stories with Mowgli!!! where you can play with cardboard!

anyways here are the other pictures
016.JPG
017.JPG

Sped2424

those things with netting could be leftover from some of those props they used to have in the water for the boat cruises.

MerlinTheGoat

I think the last time I saw that lagoon in December, wasn't if full of algae and it was green???
The waterways at Animal Kingdom were always full of green algae when I visited anytime from 2010-2012. Though i'm not entirely sure whether it affected that particular area or not. I thought it was supposed to be that way or something as i'd never seen Animal Kingdom any other way (2010 was my first visit to that park as I had previously ceased visiting WDW just before the park opened in the 90's).

Are the rest of the waterways at AK also now free of algae now?

I suppose they could have cleaned it. Or there's probably some species' of fish that feed on that type of algae that they could have introduced to the water. I dunno.

afar28

Hopefully a nighttime show is on it's way. AK at night is beautiful, but it's never open too late. A nighttime show would be a reason for it to stay open late

Goofnut1980

The waterways at Animal Kingdom were always full of green algae when I visited anytime from 2010-2012. Though i'm not entirely sure whether it affected that particular area or not. I thought it was supposed to be that way or something as i'd never seen Animal Kingdom any other way (2010 was my first visit to that park as I had previously ceased visiting WDW just before the park opened in the 90's).

Are the rest of the waterways at AK also now free of algae now?

I suppose they could have cleaned it. Or there's probably some species' of fish that feed on that type of algae that they could have introduced to the water. I dunno.

one could hope.. cause they really made it look trashy and made the park look unkempt

djkidkaz

I was thinking maybe they were going to install a boat dock near the Everest area and bring back water transportation to the park.

Crazydisneyfanluke

If they bring a nighttime show to AK which features water fountains, they would need to drain and place concrete in the area around the show so the water is clean, and free of animals. Unless they plan on shooting algae into the audience. o_O Or maybe it is where the tie downs are from the floating props they had in the water.

Suspirian

Original Poster
If they bring a nighttime show to AK which features water fountains, they would need to drain and place concrete in the area around the show so the water is clean, and free of animals. Unless they plan on shooting algae into the audience. o_O Or maybe it is where the tie downs are from the floating props they had in the water.
doesn't necissarily have to be a WOC type show. They could always use water floats

Crazydisneyfanluke

doesn't necissarily have to be a WOC type show. They could always use water floats
Yes they could, but if there are a lot of water fountains involved, there would be several large barges that would cost a lot to move and maintain. Not to mention mist screens, lights etc. I think it would be cheaper to build a permanent structure rather than one that can be moved. It will eventually pay itself off because you will need less workers to move and maintain.

lazyboy97o

The Big O Show in Yeosu, Korea is performed using salt water from a lagoon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom