Mears Towncar at Airport Baggage Claim

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
On my last trip in 2020 I took a Mears Towncar from Pop to Universal and used it to return to the airport..But, I'm looking at getting picked up from the airport this time..

I have read they do meet you at Baggage claim as you give you them your flight info when booking..But, what do you do if you need to wait for your luggage to get off the plane before you head out? Do you meet them first and confirm with the driver or just go to wait for your luggage first then meet the driver?

Weather_Lady

I can't speak about Mears specifically, but we've used a few similar towncar services at MCO. FWIW, all the hired car drivers are usually waiting conspicuously at the bottom of the escalator, or else at the end of the appropriate baggage carousel. They'll each be holding up a tablet or sign with their client's name on it, so you can't miss them. I think the typical practice is to greet them as soon as you see them, and they'll assist you with your bags as they come out.

Last edited:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Great question as I was just playing around with a trip and it came up with private Mears selection of a SUV and described them meeting you at baggage and assisting with luggage, so I was wondering a bit about that as well, curious. It did not have a selection for Mears Connect Bus so I was also wondering if you would have to do that through their site? AND I was wondering if anyone here has used either service this year to go to and from airport to WDW. :happy::happy::happy:

I would assume you would have to wait for your luggage and it would go with you in your private car. ;)

Edited to add HELLO to @Weather_Lady ;)

Last edited:

graphite1326

I have used Mears towncar and they met me at the baggage claim. They waited while I picked up my luggage and walked with me to the car.

Yellow Shoes

Related Q: I know that limo drivers will mention (perhaps multiple times) that they are "allowed" to receive tips. What would be appropriate? 3 adults, 2 large wheeled and 3 carryon suitcases, and a travel wheelchair. Fares from MCO to WDW seem to hover around $100 one way / $200 RT.

lewisc

Related Q: I know that limo drivers will mention (perhaps multiple times) that they are "allowed" to receive tips. What would be appropriate? 3 adults, 2 large wheeled and 3 carryon suitcases, and a travel wheelchair. Fares from MCO to WDW seem to hover around $100 one way / $200 RT.
A standard tip for good service is 20%
You'd tip $20 each way. Sometimes an auto tip/service fee is added

Yellow Shoes

A standard tip for good service is 20%
You'd tip $20 each way. Sometimes an auto tip/service fee is added
That's the figure I was thinking. Mears towncar @ $105 one way says "tip included." That being the case, the prices all seem to be in the same ballpark. I'm OK with pre-tipping (means I can carry less cash), but don't want a shakedown during the trip.

lewisc

That's the figure I was thinking. Mears towncar @ $105 one way says "tip included." That being the case, the prices all seem to be in the same ballpark. I'm OK with pre-tipping (means I can carry less cash), but don't want a shakedown during the trip.
If the tip is included, particularly if I asked to have the tip added, I'll say something like I already paid a tip, make sure your boss gives it to you

Weather_Lady

For future reference, some services - Orlando Chauffeured Services is one we've used with great satisfaction - include the tip up-front, so it's prepaid. I personally prefer it that way and go out of my way to book with such companies, as I find the tipping procedure of handing over cash (and agonizing ahead of time over whether I'm tipping enough) to be very awkward.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom