Mears Shuttle

islandbeachnut

Original Poster
Hi, We are leaving for WDW two weeks from today so I called Mears to make a reservation from the airport to the Beach Club and the rep on the phone told me that they don't take advance reservations for the shuttle van. I remember making reservations a couple of years ago when we used them, does anyone know if this is accurate, because on the website they take reservations. I'm confused, I don't want to call back and get the same lady!! Thanks for any info!

swimmom

I don't know if you received accurate information, but I would suggest using Quick Silver Towncar Service. We stopped using Mears when they started cramming way too many people in the vans with luggage stacked to the ceiling behind the backseat and falling on passengers (me). You pay about the same price for Quick Silver as Mears when your group is 3 passengers and you get a grocery stop on the way to your resort if you want to. On our last trip it was nice to have some bottled water, pop and snacks in the room.

righttrack

I've found that renting a car for the whole week is cheaper than the shuttle. A cab is cheaper as well, given that you pay for the car, not the rider. Depends on how many people are going. Once you've hit 4, the shuttle cost is more than the cab, or the car.

RedBaron

islandbeachnut said:
Hi, We are leaving for WDW two weeks from today so I called Mears to make a reservation from the airport to the Beach Club and the rep on the phone told me that they don't take advance reservations for the shuttle van. I remember making reservations a couple of years ago when we used them, does anyone know if this is accurate, because on the website they take reservations. I'm confused, I don't want to call back and get the same lady!! Thanks for any info!
In the past we have always taken Mears and we just go to the window after we get our luggage and they take us. We have never had an advance reservation, however I think you did have to call the night before for them to schedule a time for pick up back to the airport. Hope that helps?

jsfra209

righttrack said:
I've found that renting a car for the whole week is cheaper than the shuttle. A cab is cheaper as well, given that you pay for the car, not the rider. Depends on how many people are going. Once you've hit 4, the shuttle cost is more than the cab, or the car.

That is very true!!! One year my fiancee and I spent about 230.00 on transportation for the entire week. I realized quite quickly that I could've saved myself the discomfort of being crowded into the busses, the inconvienence of having to wait and the annoyance when the busses and taxi's are late by just renting a car. Alamo was only charging 102.00 for the week, unlimited mileage..:hammer:

MEARS + TAXI'S = INCONVENIENCE, ANNOYANCE, DISCOMFORT,AND 230.00
ALAMO RAC = TOTAL CONTROL, COMFORT, AND 102.00

YOU CHOOSE!!!

d'Isigny

if you have at least 4 in your party...QuickSilver is the way to go. We used them last year. The driver was waiting for us in baggage...loaded the bags AND we drove directly to the resort!! Just the 4 of us...no waiting in line...no stopping at other resorts...and you can get a half-hour trip to a grocery store if you so choose.

You have to tip more than Mears...but I felt it was worth it.

Makes up for it if you have 5 or more people in your party.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Mears = utter bullisht

rent a car, or take quiksilver.

JUST SAY NO TO MEARS

RedGear

When we made our reservations online on Disney's website it gave us the option to purchase the tickets for the shuttle at that time. I have no idea what shuttle it is, but it was $29 round trip per person. I don;t know if you can call disney and make the reservations thru disney or if you can still go online and do it. My boyfriend was a little disapointed the the magic express starts the day after we leave. maybe this well help you! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom