Meanwhile at USH this weekend...

Curious Constance

upload_2016-4-10_17-51-25.png

Phroobar

Don't worry. Come summer the line will be huge. USH doesn't have the same crazy fan base that DL has. We show up big time when ever they repaint a facade or move a park bench.

mickEblu

It has been one of the only rainy weekends in So Cal all year but still very odd that the wait time is so short for an opening weekend. Does Forbidden Journey have like triple the capacity of POTC or something?

Phroobar

Over at Magic Mountain, they ran a Potter Swatter weekend price of $39 for their 2016 season pass. (Normally $91). My family and a few friends bought in since we plan on going again this summer. That is cheaper than their day pass! Fright Fest is pretty scary not because of the mazes but because of the guests. :eek:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I know were are heading to CA next week to spend sometime at DL and purposely are avoiding USH as I figured it would be crowded due to Hogsmeade just opening.

Phroobar

Isn't this why people avoided DCA when it first opened? Everyone thought it would be crazy crowed until they realized it sucked instead.

TP2000

Forbidden Journey has held steady at an earth-shattering 15 minute wait (currently 10 minutes -- or half the wait of Mater's Jamboree at this very moment) on the Sunday of its epic opening weekend. Yikes.

http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/ushwaittimes/

I was at DCA this afternon to have lunch at Food & Wine. The park was very busy and nothing was less than a 30 minute wait. Racers was posted at 90 minutes, which I think is the most appropriate comparison. There are 25 rides at DCA, and there are 7 rides at Universal Studios.

Unless this Harry Potter ride has some obscenely high rider capacity, something like 3,000 or more per hour, there's no explanation for a 15 minute wait on opening weekend other than a very slow theme park.

TP2000

Let's not forget it rained this weekend. Angelenos and rain don't mix well.

But there was a steady, cold rain in Orange County this morning too, and I went to DCA in the afternoon when it was still cloudy and showery and the park was very busy.

I think we'll need to watch that official wait time website that @dweezil78 posted. Next weekend the forecast is for sunny and 80 degrees, and it will be very interesting comparing the wait times between Disneyland/DCA and Universal Studios.

Last edited:

mickEblu

I was at DCA this afternon to have lunch at Food & Wine. The park was very busy and nothing was less than a 30 minute wait. Racers was posted at 90 minutes, which I think is the most appropriate comparison. There are 25 rides at DCA, and there are 7 rides at Universal Studios.

Unless this Harry Potter ride has some obscenely high rider capacity, something like 3,000 or more per hour, there's no explanation for a 15 minute wait on opening weekend other than a very slow theme park.

I agree. However, do you think it's possible that folks interested in Harry Potter decided to skip the rainy weekend and wait for some sunny weather to experience their visit to Wizarding World? (Especially if they don't plan on buying APs) Personally if I was interested in going opening weekend that's what I would have done, especially when I see the next 10 days are forecast to be sunny. Or do you think that the Potter pandemonium should have trumped the bad weather and their should have been long lines anyway? I'm leaning towards the latter but one could make a case for the former.

Californian Elitist

But there was a steady, cold rain in Orange County this morning too, and I went to DCA in the afternoon when it was still cloudy and showery and the park was very busy.

Ah, but the people of Orange County are not Angelenos. :D

My overall point is Potter is still popular and will continue to be popular. It's not like the wait times for the other attractions were long. The rest of the attractions also had 10 minute waits, so the entire park wasn't very busy today.

TP2000

Ah, but the people of Orange County are not Angelenos. :D

My overall point is Potter is still popular and will continue to be popular. It's not like the wait times for the other attractions were long. The rest of the attractions also had 10 minute waits, so the entire park wasn't very busy today.

I think OC folks are even wimpier about the weather than the LA folks. But no one is as wimpy as San Diegans. :cool:

That the entire park was not busy this weekend is the real story. But a factor here is that Potter has really been open for the past five weeks. Anyone in SoCal really into Potter, or theme parks in general, has already been to Universal Studios and been on it at least once.

Next weekend when it's sunny and 80 degrees it will be fascinating to look at the different wait times between Universal and Disneyland. And then again this July.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom