Meal Vouchers

X12345

I think you used to be able to get them on www.wdwspecials.com. I believe you can only gain access to that site through your sponsored employer. Last I looked, the vouchers expired at the end of 2005. I decided to go with the meal plan, less hassel and a better deal overall.

John

JPVonDrake

Do keep in mind that Disney does NOT sell meal vouchers to the general public. Disney does sell meal vouchers to select convention groups to be used within one year of their convention date. Also Disney sell them from time to time to wholesale companies (expedia, travelocity, etc.) to resell as part of a package with a room reservation. Most often these are used for overseas bookings.

The only way a guest can purchased them is thru a third party. If you do choose to purchase them this way, remember it will always be "buyer beware." You will have no way to verify if they are valid until after you have puchased them and try to use them.

I would recommend you book the "Magic Your Way Package Plus Dinning" vacation package, as you will be assured you are getting what you paid for, and at a great savings.

Pioneer Hall

While the meal vouchers can be somewhat of a good deal, overall you are better off with the meal plan. I think that Disney is also going to be looking to completely do away wth these vouchers in the near future and just try to upsell the meal plan since it is overall a better value and would be much more beneficial for them to sell.

brertigger

Disney also frequently sells these vouchers to school groups that come for special events like Magical Music Days, Youth Education Series, or Grad Nite.
They can sometimes be a good deal, but it depends on what you'd like to order. It is easier than paying cash (no change to worry about).

Let's look at a sample meal to see how it would compare:
At Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe in the Magic Kingdom,
You can get a Cheeseburger with Fries for $5.75. Add a drink for $1.99. This is a total of $7.74 plus tax. You also get a dessert with most vouchers, I believe. The vouchers are now usually about $11.

The Magic Your Way Plus Dining would probably be a better deal for the average guest, as over the length of a vacation it would likely be cheaper than the vouchers, plus less risk than buying from a third party.

flagen

i have two vouchers we got when we joined the DVC you can have them if yo wish BUT they expire Dec 31 2005...So i don't know if this would help.:xmas:

X12345

flagen said:
i have two vouchers we got when we joined the DVC you can have them if yo wish BUT they expire Dec 31 2005...So i don't know if this would help.:xmas:

Just sent you a PM with my addy if you want to mail them to me.

e4ymod

flagen said:

I'll give ya 20 bucks for em'.

blrduster

I was just offered meal vouchers thru a sports package- my daughter is competing in gymnastics at wide world of sports. Has anybody ever used these, I have a family of five all considered adults, and wondered if this would save us money?:veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom