Meal Plans

ms7479a

Has anyone done the meal plan when they have gone to Disney? What are your opinions? Was it worth it? I have noticed that the prices says "starting at $35 per day", how does the pricing work?

RatherBinDisney

I just used it in December and thought it was great! You are entitled to one snack (soda, water, ice cream novelty), 1 counter service meal and one table service meal. We ate at the most expensive table service restaurants and really got our monies worth.

GO FOR IT!

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

The meal plan is so worth it if you like to try different restaurants or pricer meals like steak and such.

We used the plan in December and at $35 a day per person it was so worth it. Snacks run about 2.50 each, lunch was about $10-14 each (you get the entree, drink and dessert) and dinner is usually no less than $30 at least (that's usually the entree alone) you get appetizer, entree, dessert and beverage))

For us we ate at Crystal Palace for Christmas Dinner, Hoop-Dee-Doo, Restaurant Marrekesh (all for dinners), counterwise we ate at Pop Century (awesome Penne Chicken Alfredo meal), McD's at AK, and somewhere else I can't recall right now. Snacks we only used 1 at Epcot and the rest we used at Pop on our last day of the trip.

Upvote 0

Heatherbell

I went September '05 and Disney was offering the plan at no cost so obvioulsy we did it. I thought it was wonderful. We ate places that we would've never eaten at and we really enjoyed it. It is great if you think you will eat that much food that the plan offers. Keeping in mind that the counter service includes a drink and a desert and the table service includes a drink, appetizer and desert. We felt like we were eating all day. For ourselves personnally I would not actually purchase it as we do not consume that much food on a normal vacation. We really did feel like we were eating constantly. Also when we would go to a sit down both me and my husband got a desert, and an appetizer when normally we go out to dinner and we share a desert and an appetizer. SO for us it doesn't work out in the end money wise if we were to pay for it. However if I had not done it in September I definately would try it for the fact that you get to eat at these amazing restaurants that normally would cost you a fortune. It is also great if you are character dining people because you can use your table services for character dining. So basically you have to sit down and do the math which is what I recently did for our upcoming trip. We will only be doing one table service and one character breakfast and the rest will be hotel and counter service (we actually bring our own snacks from home) so it didn't make sense for us to get the plan.
And by the way, yes it is $35 per person per NIGHT of stay (it goes with your resort package) it's called the magic your way with dining plan. There is another plan that is the "premium" plan but I am not that familiar with that plan, I think it includes water park etc, has the dining plan but doesn't change any specifics of the dining plan.

Hope that helps you!
If you want my personal opinion I'd say do it, just get. Eat at really awesome places (you can get a lot of tips from these boards), do character dining, enjoy and definately get your money's worth.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

You can use the meal plan until midnight of your check out date. So if you do a little planning you can certainly get plenty of food and not feel like you are always eating. The snacks we didn't use until the day we checked out, we just took the snacks for our trip to Cocoa, FL.

Your counter you could use at your resort for breakfast if they are a food court (like the value resorts) and your table for dinner. Make sure to book your reservations for all your sit down meals, as soon as you figure out some places you want to hit.

Have a great time and enjoy the food.

Upvote 0

MickeyTigg

It all depends on how you plan on eating.

Everyone in your party has to get it...it's all or none.

As stated above....the plan gives you one snack, one counter service and one table service meal per day per person. If you don't plan on eating at the right number of each of these it may not be worth it.

In other words if you have a party of 3 and you are staying 4 nights...you get a total of 12 snacks, 12 counter service meals and 12 table service meals. If you plan on 16 table service meals and 8 counter service meals...it won't work. This is what happened to us for our June trip. We had already made our ADR's and we had too many TS meals and not enough CS meals.

Also if you have small kids, you need to figure out whether they will be eating enough to justify paying for the plan for them...if not, it may not be worth it for you.

If you have an Annual Pass...the Disney Dining Experience may work out better for you.

Upvote 0

Justa' BigKid

"Also if you have small kids, you need to figure out whether they will be eating enough to justify paying for the plan for them...if not, it may not be worth it for you."

In referance to TiggerRPh's post – I do belive that it is considerable cheaper for the kids option of the Meal Plan. Around $10 to $15 dollars. Maybe Belle has the most current price for the childs option.

Upvote 0

duchess1576

Last year, my husband and son and I went, we got the dining plan, and we paid about $450 extra for it. During the trip, we saved our receipts and added them up at the end. We spent close to $700 on food. So, the way I look at it, Disney gave us almost $250 in free food. Granted, if we weren't on the plan, we wouldn't have eaten such expensive food everywhere, but that's part of the fun of Disney World, the cool restaurants. Also, I loved the feeling of eating and just signing a receipt and that's it. All the food being paid for and out of the way ahead of time felt good, so all our spending money could be used for souveneirs and other fun stuff. I definitely reccommend the dining plan.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Justa' BigKid said:
"Also if you have small kids, you need to figure out whether they will be eating enough to justify paying for the plan for them...if not, it may not be worth it for you."

In referance to TiggerRPh's post – I do belive that it is considerable cheaper for the kids option of the Meal Plan. Around $10 to $15 dollars. Maybe Belle has the most current price for the childs option.
Hi there, The answer is $10.99 per child ages 3 through 9 per night of the stay. Belle

Upvote 0

CP17

So you have to get the plan for evry night of your stay. I staying 6 nights, i couldn't get it just for 4 nights? Can someone confirm the number of table services it takes for Hoop Dee Doo and Chef Mickey's character breakfast?

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

CP17 said:
So you have to get the plan for evry night of your stay. I staying 6 nights, i couldn't get it just for 4 nights? Can someone confirm the number of table services it takes for Hoop Dee Doo and Chef Mickey's character breakfast?
The Dining plan MUST match the number of nights that you are staying at your resort. Id does NOT have to match the number of days that are on your Magic Your Way ticket to get into the theme parks. I can confirm that Chef Mickey's is one sit down meal and the Hoop De Doo Revue is two sit down meals to eat there once. Belle

Upvote 0

TrentMom

Dining Plan/staying offsite

wannabeBelle said:
The Dining plan MUST match the number of nights that you are staying at your resort. Id does NOT have to match the number of days that are on your Magic Your Way ticket to get into the theme parks. I can confirm that Chef Mickey's is one sit down meal and the Hoop De Doo Revue is two sit down meals to eat there once. Belle

Hi my mom and her husband are coming to meet us while my family and I are in Disney. They are planning on staying offiste, to save about 200.00 Can they get the dining plan, if they stay offsite?

Thanks
TrentMom:wave:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

TrentMom said:
Hi my mom and her husband are coming to meet us while my family and I are in Disney. They are planning on staying offiste, to save about 200.00 Can they get the dining plan, if they stay offsite?

Thanks
TrentMom:wave:
Absolutely not. The Magic Your Way Disney Dining Plan is an option to the Magic Your Way Packages that are offered. You must purchase the resort stay at one of Disney's resorts as well as the Magic Your Way park admissions. The Park admissions do not need to match the number of days that you are staying and can be adjusted up or down. The Dining plan however is matched directly to the number of nights that you are staying at the resort of your choice. Belle

Upvote 0

hansel1

We enjoyed using the disney dining plan. I think the best part was not having to worry about what you were spending when you ate. We figured it out and at the least we got lunches for free along with a snack and at the most we saved around 75 dollars on the day for meals.

Each person pays 35 (now 37) dollars per day.

Lunch usually runs 7-12 dollars.

Snack 2 dollars

Dinner averages about 15-25 for an entree, 6-13 for appetizer, 5-7 for desert and 2 for beverage.

So on the low side we would have spent $35.

On the high side (on average) we would spend $59 if you got an appetizer and desert with dinner. If not, it would still have cost us $39.

I don't think you will lose money if you planned on eating at restaurants each night. Plus you didn't have to worry about tipping, that's included.

MY OPINION IS USE IT!

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

honeymoon2006 said:
I'm going to WDW in May 2006 for my honeymoon. We have the DD Premium plan. Can anyone tell me about it.

The Magic Your Way Premium package tickets include the Park Hopping and Water Park Fun and More options. It also includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner per night of your stay, as well as unlimited recreation (golf, etc) and admission to Cirque de Soleil.

Upvote 0

Jiminy wishes

We were trying to make some adjustments to our March ressies the other day and we were checking into the package in order to get the dining plan. For the resorts we were looking at (Poly, Contemporary), the dining plan rooms were booked. Has anyone else had this problem? Just as a heads-up, the CM also mentioned to me that Disney is thinking of offering the dining plan for room only reservations too. Supposedly this is due to so many requests. That would be great since we are getting a pretty good AP rate. She couldn't say when, or even if it was for sure though.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom