MDE saying I can check in now- 66 days out?

Ariel1986

Original Poster
So when I checked my MDE today, the button for online check in was there and it allows me to go through to the normal online check in pages, even though yesterday it was saying "online check-in in 7 days". Has this happened to anyone else?

I assume this is a glitch? I think I'm just going to wait until 60 days anyway so that if this is an error it will hopefully go through in the normal time frame,

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Hmm has it changed then? Or if it’s a glitch it means they’re going to have a looot of people checking in very early potentially!
The system recently underwent "magical enhancements" so perhaps this is a new change? 180 days, 60 days or 10 days prior to arrival really doesn't matter since the guest does not receive any room info until check in day anyway. Online check in merely confirms that the guest's information is correct so that the front desk may be skipped and the guest can proceed directly to the room once it is ready.

Ariel1986

Original Poster
The system recently underwent "magical enhancements" so perhaps this is a new change? 180 days, 60 days or 10 days prior to arrival really doesn't matter since the guest does not receive any room info until check in day anyway. Online check in merely confirms that the guest's information is correct so that the front desk may be skipped and the guest can proceed directly to the room once it is ready.

That's true, maybe they've opened it up to 180 days or even further out so they have longer to process all the guest information/requests and be ready to assign rooms quicker? Hmm maybe I'll go ahead and check myself in then!

ToTBellHop

That's true, maybe they've opened it up to 180 days or even further out so they have longer to process all the guest information/requests and be ready to assign rooms quicker? Hmm maybe I'll go ahead and check myself in then!
It's more than 180 days. I just checked in for April 18, 2018. It may have changed to "at booking".

Rob562

It's more than 180 days. I just checked in for April 18, 2018. It may have changed to "at booking".

Perhaps they're taking a cue from rental car companies that have you check in online to provide driver info, try to upsell you with options, etc
That can be done almost immediately after booking.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom