MDE Reservation Deficiency

StarshipDisney

Original Poster
Well, I finally have all my reservations made for our upcoming trip in December (except Fastpasses) and I enjoy going into MDE to look at all my reservations. However, while I have what appear to be standard Disney Confirmation Numbers for everything, I cannot see the following confirmed and pre-paid reservations in MDE:

- Carriage Ride at POR for Saturday 12/01/18
- AK Ultimate Nights of Adventure Tour for Sunday 12/02/18

I do not understand why Disney does not show these reservations in the MDE. It seems they use the same tracking system for confirmation numbers, so why the disconnect? Would it not be a simple software upgrade to feed these (again confirmed and pre-paid) reservations in MDE along with everything else?

Anyway, just makes no sense to me. Sorry for the rant but does anyone know why there may be any logical reason for this? Thanks.

LUVofDIS

I am surprised it doesn't show up. I would inquire, my resort reservation didn't show for about two weeks and my confirmation number didn't work. I called and a cast member's manager manager made it right.

Also, it shouldn't, but it could take time to link if you just reserved it in that last few days.

bsiev1977

Well, I finally have all my reservations made for our upcoming trip in December (except Fastpasses) and I enjoy going into MDE to look at all my reservations. However, while I have what appear to be standard Disney Confirmation Numbers for everything, I cannot see the following confirmed and pre-paid reservations in MDE:

- Carriage Ride at POR for Saturday 12/01/18
- AK Ultimate Nights of Adventure Tour for Sunday 12/02/18

I do not understand why Disney does not show these reservations in the MDE. It seems they use the same tracking system for confirmation numbers, so why the disconnect? Would it not be a simple software upgrade to feed these (again confirmed and pre-paid) reservations in MDE along with everything else?

Anyway, just makes no sense to me. Sorry for the rant but does anyone know why there may be any logical reason for this? Thanks.
I agree with you that they should, but tour reservations don’t seem to show up. My
Keys to the Kingdom tour on my last trip didn’t show up on the app.

WDWFan2018

I can't see my hotel reservation in the app but it shows up on the website. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it's still not there. The updated version of this app doesn't seem to work as well as the previous version I had in February.

nickys

Premium Member
You can add them as notes to your itinerary, with the reservation number listed.

“Simple IT upgrade”? From Disney? :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Seriously though, MDE is like a hub service I think, pulling in info from several different systems. Which is why, for example, you can book FPs for any number of back-to-back split stays, but each of them will have a separate ADR booking window. 2 totally separate systems, where glitches are commonplace.

And there is no such thing as a simple IT upgrade in Disney’s IT. That’s what happens if you outsource all your IT , thereby getting rid of people who have all the system knowledge.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You can add them as notes to your itinerary, with the reservation number listed.

“Simple IT upgrade”? From Disney? :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Seriously though, MDE is like a hub service I think, pulling in info from several different systems. Which is why, for example, you can book FPs for any number of back-to-back split stays, but each of them will have a separate ADR booking window. 2 totally separate systems, where glitches are commonplace.

And there is no such thing as a simple IT upgrade in Disney’s IT. That’s what happens if you outsource all your IT , thereby getting rid of people who have all the system knowledge.
And if history is prologue, any change to do that would take down the system for at least a couple of hours, if not a day...

nickys

Premium Member
And if history is prologue, any change to do that would take down the system for at least a couple of hours, if not a day...

A couple of hours for several days in a row, from reports over the last couple of weeks about FP booking.

StarshipDisney

Original Poster
isnt it listed under itinerary?

Nope. I have confirmation numbers, but no listing. The reservations were made a couple months ago now. Hopefully someday Disney will correct this deficiency. To me it simply makes sense to include these.

Guess I cannot argue with that. Outsourcing is a good way to screw up in the long term because you lose corporate knowledge and become dependent. Saving money....yeah right.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Gotta comment on the title? "
MDE Reservation Deficiency

Didn't this use to mean "we are all booked, and full"?
Now - could be wrong... perhaps WDW just doesn't WANT any money this week :). Hey, their choice :).
IT? There is no IT. Not when it fails to accomplish the primary mission- MAKE MONEY for the corporation that hired you :).

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom