MDE and Shop Parks-iOS 11

aw14

Original Poster
i am an iOS developer and as such have been running iOS 11 since beta 1. With that said, there has been no movement by Disney to correct the above apps and make them compatible with the OS. Both apps currently crash at the load stage. I would have hoped that Disney would have been prepared for the beta released as other apps and companies are.

I do know that many have reached out to Disney about this, but no official fix seems forthcoming. Shame

Rider

They usually push out app updates regularly enough. IOS 11 support will come it's just not impacting many of their users until Apple does the full release.

I agree it sucks though. I had to downgrade back to 10 because MDE is something I use a lot.

Last edited:

aw14

Original Poster
thank you....actually just updated to Beta 7 and still no change. I will assume at the release of the general in September we will see the apps updated accordingly

Rider

A lot of times app makers will not release updated versions until the new iOS gets a public release. On launch day you will see a bunch of updates listing support for the new version.

Of course most of those still worked during beta. Disney's apps just don't.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
There is no chance they will leave MDX incompatible with the latest iOS. Too much of the business now relies on it. I would expect an update to come along with the official release of iOS11.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom