MCO Terminal C to open September 2022

Rob562

Original Poster
It was recently announced that the new Terminal C at MCO will have a phased opening over the course of the last two weeks of September. I believe Jetblue is the only airline announced to be moving there, so if you're flying them during that period I'd expect things to very much be in flux and to plan extra time at the airport.

-Rob

Rob562

Original Poster
If people haven't been aware, Terminal C started opening over the past week. It's mostly international airlines: Aer Lingus, Azul, British Airways, Emirates, Gol, Icelandair, Lufthansa and Norse, with Caribbean Airlines in a couple weeks.

But the big one for domestic flyers is JetBlue, starting October 4th.

-Rob

Lilofan

If people haven't been aware, Terminal C started opening over the past week. It's mostly international airlines: Aer Lingus, Azul, British Airways, Emirates, Gol, Icelandair, Lufthansa and Norse, with Caribbean Airlines in a couple weeks.

But the big one for domestic flyers is JetBlue, starting October 4th.

-Rob
Is this going to improve Jet Blue on time departure and arrival issues? Hopefully yes.

Rob562

Original Poster
I guess not every flight - we flew Jetblue three days ago, and were still in the old terminal.

Yeah, there were delays involving the baggage system in the new terminal.

Jetblue international arrivals started at Terminal C yesterday, and according to MCO's Facebook page this morning all remaining Jetblue arrivals and departures will move on October 25th, and Caribbean Airlines on Oct 28th.

-Rob

Weather_Lady

We're flying into Orlando on JetBlue in August 2023 (domestic), and I see our flight details in the app have already changed to indicate we're arriving in Terminal C.

That's all fine and dandy, so long as they have actual car rentals there by the time we arrive. (I don't just mean the rental company counters, which they've announced they'll have, but actual cars you can walk out to.) We'd booked a Hertz rental for our arrival day, just for a few hours (to get us to and from our hotel, an escape room, and then to Disney Springs for the evening, where we can return the car at an adjacent hotel). That's not our typical practice, but I got a great deal with a AAA discount that brought the price to $90 even after taxes and fees -- even less than we'd pay if we took rideshares to/from the airport, hotel, I-drive, and Disney Springs. However, if we've got to walk the length of Terminal C, go down a couple floors, take a tram to terminal A, walk through Terminal A, head down another floor or two, and then out to the garage, that will be a pretty annoying way to start a vacation! (I'm guessing it would take a good 25 minutes to do all that even with small rolling luggage and no little kids, but nobody's posted any walkthrough videos covering it yet, so I'm spit-balling.) Our current reservation instructions tell us that if we're arriving at Terminal C, we should pick up our car at Terminal A: I really hope that will change in the next 10 months!

Last edited:

Lilofan

We're flying into Orlando on JetBlue in August 2023 (domestic), and I see our flight details in the app have already changed to indicate we're arriving in Terminal C.

That's all fine and dandy, so long as they have actual car rentals there by the time we arrive. (I don't just mean the rental company counters, which they've announced they'll have, but actual cars you can walk out to.) We'd booked a Hertz rental for our arrival day, just for a few hours (to get us to and from our hotel, an escape room, and then to Disney Springs for the evening, where we can return the car at an adjacent hotel). That's not our typical practice, but I got a great deal with a AAA discount that brought the price to $90 even after taxes and fees -- even less than we'd pay if we took rideshares to/from the airport, hotel, I-drive, and Disney Springs. However, if we've got to walk the length of Terminal C, go down a couple floors, take a tram to terminal A, walk through Terminal A, head down another floor or two, and then out to the garage, that will be a pretty annoying way to start a vacation! (I'm guessing it would take a good 25 minutes to do all that even with small rolling luggage and no little kids, but nobody's posted any walkthrough videos covering it yet, so I'm spit-balling.) Our current reservation instructions tell us that if we're arriving at Terminal C, we should pick up our car at Terminal A: I really hope that will change in the next 10 months!
When flying into MCO , picking up a rental in A side is a breeze with cars right next door in the parking garage. Coming from C will not be a breeze. Some travelers com into to C, need to take shuttles to Main Terminal and walk to A to get their rental. When flying into MCO and arriving in Terminal A/B it is a breeze to pick up your rental right next door to A side in the garage .

Weather_Lady

When flying into MCO , picking up a rental in A side is a breeze with cars right next door in the parking garage. Coming from C will not be a breeze. Some travelers com into to C, need to take shuttles to Main Terminal and walk to A to get their rental. When flying into MCO and arriving in Terminal A/B it is a breeze to pick up your rental right next door to A side in the garage .
Yes, it is convenient in Terminals A and B. (When our flight home got abruptly canceled last February, it was our first experience with renting from the airport. We were in Terminal A, and had but a 90-second walk from the rental counter to the line of cars in the garage. It couldn't have been easier.)

My fear is that the rental companies will leave all their cars parked in Terminals A and B, and have counters-only in Terminal C, so even though I have a "skip the counter" rental arrangement, it could be a time-consuming and exhausting trek from Terminal C to A/B just to get a car. If that's looking like the situation as our flight draws closer, I may look into other options.

Lilofan

Yes, it is convenient in Terminals A and B. (When our flight home got abruptly canceled last February, it was our first experience with renting from the airport. We were in Terminal A, and had but a 90-second walk from the rental counter to the line of cars in the garage. It couldn't have been easier.)

My fear is that the rental companies will leave all their cars parked in Terminals A and B, and have counters-only in Terminal C, so even though I have a "skip the counter" rental arrangement, it could be a time-consuming and exhausting trek from Terminal C to A/B just to get a car. If that's looking like the situation as our flight draws closer, I may look into other options.
Picking up your baggage in Terminal C carousel then lugging all that into the shuttle to take you to the Main Terminal A side does not sound good at all. What was MCO thinking?

bpiper

Rental Cars (coming soon to Terminal C)​

Connecting Between Terminals​

If you are connecting between terminals (e.g. arriving at Terminal C and picking up a rental car at Terminal B), there are two options:

Shuttle Bus

• A shuttle bus service operates 24 hours a day, between Terminal C and Terminals A & B.
  • Pick-up and drop-off is at:
    • Terminal C: Level 2 (Departures) at Door C17
    • Terminal B: Level 1 (Ground Transportation) at Space B29
Terminal Link

• The Terminal Link (APM) operates 24 hours per day, but requires a walk of approximately 1,200 feet, from Terminal C, Level 4 through Parking Garage C to the Train Station

Weather_Lady

I'll be scanning trip reports as time goes on, hoping to hear from others who have to make the trip from C Arrivals to A/B Rental Cars, how long it takes, which way they recommend to make the trip (shuttle bus vs walking/APM), and whether the shuttle buses MCO is providing are truly convenient. I suppose at the end of the day, maybe it won't be that much more of a pain, in the sense that even if we were landing at, say Terminal A or B, and picking up our rental car there, we'd still have to take an APM to A/B, find the correct side, and navigate down to ground transportation, just as we will if we're coming from C.

Luggage isn't even an issue for us (we travel carryon only, with one small bag apiece), but time and "hassle level" are, so I hope the pilgrimage won't be long. My worry may be moot anyway: a lot can change between now and August...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom