MCO Gunman

danlb_2000

Premium Member
upload_2017-5-30_21-1-26.png

mousehockey37

Original Poster
Yeah, they have him in custody, there were some tweets showing tons of cop cars all around the airport. Scary stuff if you're kicking off your vacation or trying to go home.

21stamps

It would be an incredibly frightening feeling to be headed to/at the airport and see police cars pouring in. Especially with everything that's been going on the past week.

Glad the situation was contained quickly.

mousehockey37

Original Poster
It would be an incredibly frightening feeling to be headed to/at the airport and see police cars pouring in. Especially with everything that's been going on the past week.

Glad the situation was contained quickly.

I was on an international flight leaving the US. We were taking off and the pilot shut the engines down. We were taxied back to the terminal. As we were headed there, you saw the fire crews and stuff screaming towards our plane. Turns out the flight attendants noticed smoke in the one restroom. They replaced a few wires, had a successful test flight of the plane (yes, they took a test flight, with all the luggage still on it), came back and said, ok, let's go.

21stamps

I was on an international flight leaving the US. We were taking off and the pilot shut the engines down. We were taxied back to the terminal. As we were headed there, you saw the fire crews and stuff screaming towards our plane. Turns out the flight attendants noticed smoke in the one restroom. They replaced a few wires, had a successful test flight of the plane (yes, they took a test flight, with all the luggage still on it), came back and said, ok, let's go.

Wow. I bet that looked crazy. Did the captain make an announcement so at least the passengers knew what was going on?

mousehockey37

Original Poster
Wow. I bet that looked crazy. Did the captain make an announcement so at least the passengers knew what was going on?

I don't really remember what was said. I was in high school, so it was some time ago. I just know we spent 4 hours in the terminal, missed our connector in Iceland and got a complete day behind on our tour. We were all too happy to be on the ground in Luxembourg.

21stamps

I don't really remember what was said. I was in high school, so it was some time ago. I just know we spent 4 hours in the terminal, missed our connector in Iceland and got a complete day behind on our tour. We were all too happy to be on the ground in Luxembourg.
Wow that stinks. I'm sure you were happy to finally arrive!

I only have one bad airline story- American Airlines, when I was 15. I was flying alone to meet my family in Iowa..had a connection in Chicago at O'hare. My connecting flight sat on the runway for maybe an hour or so.. then we ran out of fuel. Refueled and then sat again. Snow kept getting worse, and they ended up announcing that our flight was cancelled. Got off the plane and went to the desk to ask when the next flight would be.
Earliest one was not til the morning, this was at 9pm. I asked what I was supposed to do, and if I would be given a hotel room. They said no, because I was a minor. I was 15 years old, back before cell phones, and did not want to spend the night in O'hare. Called the hotel that my parents were staying at, from a pay phone, crying. My dad called AA and every hotel at the airport- all of them said I couldn't get a room. AA said I should just stay inside the airport. He ended up driving 8 hours in a horrible snow storm to come pick me up. By the time we got to Iowa I could have been there the same time if I would have taken the flight.lol
I will never forget it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom