McDonald's near to Disney All Star Resort to close for remodel

mm121

The McDonald's near me (in Dallas) just went through the same thing - total teardown to the pavement, and then rebuild from scratch. I wonder if this is a company wide plan.
Its pretty much required by the company for franchises to tear down and start over

This isn't new they've been doing it for decades

Dont know all the specifics but there are also many tax advantages to doing a rebuild instead of a remodel

Rebuilding stores is one thing that has helped keep mcds doing well unlike chains like Burger King who's locations are generallly pretty groaddy

Club Cooloholic

I am not a fan of the new rebuilds. The use of space is not the best. They have a bunch of high top tables, which are not great with kids, and even a few cafe chairs and coffee tables, which are hard to eat at and bolted to the ground, so you can't move them at all for comfort. Very few traditional tables or booths.
We were recently in a McDonald's that somehow has managed to avoid any of these renos very 80s and 90s and my kids were thrilled lol

I do like the ordering kiosks though.

chrisirmo

I do like the ordering kiosks though.

I like the kiosks when they’re optional, but despise them in most restaurants because they’ve completely removed the humans who used to take your order. I’m familiar with the kiosks and it still takes me longer to order than a human cashier could do it. My elderly parents are just completely baffled by the things.

Lilofan

That's in Sydney Australia
Dont know of a "kitchen in the sky" in NYC
When I visited NYC and visited those hole in the wall Chinese places in Chinatown I sat next to a wall with a trap door. I saw myself see the trap door open and food coming from another level stacked in plated dishes. The waiter took out the food and put it on our tiny tables.

Club Cooloholic

When I visited NYC and visited those hole in the wall Chinese places in Chinatown I sat next to a wall with a trap door. I saw myself see the trap door open and food coming from another level stacked in plated dishes. The waiter took out the food and put it on our tiny tables.
I lived in that area for a few years, never saw that one but sounds cool.

NiarrNDisney

They should just tear it down and build a new on in Flamingo Crossings then use the land to build a diner or multi restaurant concept for the Guests staying at the All-Stars to have another option than having to dine at the Cafeterias in the resorts and then maybe build another All-Star Value resort across the street from the existing ones.

wdw71fan

Because machines don't demand higher pay for a job that isn't meant to support a family to begin with. So, keep demanding higher pay for a brainless job meant for high school kids and college students and technology will quickly replace you.. From a business perspective that's 'problem solved'.

Lilofan

Because machines don't demand higher pay for a job that isn't meant to support a family to begin with. So, keep demanding higher pay for a brainless job meant for high school kids and college students and technology will quickly replace you.. From a business perspective that's 'problem solved'.
Brainless job???, hopefully the cleaning chemicals don't get mixed in the guests burrito!

MinnieWaffles

Its pretty much required by the company for franchises to tear down and start over

Dont know all the specifics but there are also many tax advantages to doing a rebuild instead of a remodel

Rebuilding stores is one thing that has helped keep mcds doing well unlike chains like Burger King who's locations are generallly pretty groaddy

Our local Burger King closed this year. I'm not sad about it though because it was stuck in the 1990s, the food was awful and the toilets horrific. Our local McDonalds, although the food's not that great either is a lot cleaner and brighter.

Jedi Stitch

Ah a ground up remodel. It will be done in a jiffy. I have been doing the sprinkler design for most of MCDs here in Western Washington. It is a very tight schedule, they only want the site down for one quarter tops. That has been the schedule so far.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, December 11, 2019. Construction progress on the new McDonald's store near the All Stars Resorts. The sign states re-opening in 2020. Note the poles on the right side of the photos, perhaps an adjoining slanted roof on the right.

IMG_2648.JPG

IMG_2646.JPG

cmwade77

Actually, McDonalds has been struggling as well and closing many locations as a result.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom