Mazda....I'm losin' that lovin' feeling

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Hi! I'm Steve from NJ.
Back in 2008 I saw a Mazda CX-9
Wow! In 2008 it was so fresh. So different!
I wanted one.
It took 'til 2010 but I got one of my own.
Black exterior / Black interior
Grand Touring
......then in July of 2015 somebody ran a stop sign.....slammed into the side of my terrific car.
Totaled it!
I replaced it with a "2016" Mazda CX-5...got it in August of 2015 but Mazda called it a 2016 vehicle.This one is also a Grand Touring.....also black/black
Yet in the 22 months I've had it, it has had 3 recalls!
Now the clip on the cd holder compartment (between the driver's seat and the other seat) has broken. I have packing tape holding that lid thingee in place until I bring it to the Mazda dealership next Tues. morning.
I'm not so excited to own a Mazda any more.

Anyone have a similar story? Or just want to respond to something I said?

Last edited:

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Most auto manufacturers release the following year's models to the market sometime between August and November of every year.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Every new car that I have bought for the past 15 years has had MULTIPLE recalls.
I'm surprised to read that.
I guess I shouldn't be so hard on Mazda.
I had the CX-9 for 5 years and I only remember one recall.
A couple of months after I had the CX-5 another recall came out on the CX-9 but it obviously did not affect me.
SOME day :rolleyes:
I'd like to drive an Infiniti crossover vehicle.
....you know....Infiniti's version of the CX-9....or even their version of the CX-5.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Coincidentally, a recall for my previous car :the Mazda CX-9 just arrived in the mail today.
It went directly to junk mail recycling since I don't own one anymore.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I'm surprised to read that.
I guess I shouldn't be so hard on Mazda.
I had the CX-9 for 5 years and I only remember one recall.
A couple of months after I had the CX-5 another recall came out on the CX-9 but it obviously did not affect me.
SOME day :rolleyes:
I'd like to drive an Infiniti crossover vehicle.
....you know....Infiniti's version of the CX-9....or even their version of the CX-5.

The inverse scenario would be a lot worse, Chevrolet is still recovering from covering up all of their engineering problems rather than recalling and fixing problems.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Tonight I was talking with another Mazda owner in my church's parking lot. They like their Mazda and I was saying I like mine as well!....hmmm.....then I remembered this thread. So...I've regained that lovin' feeling. Factory Recalls are now a distant memory. The car has overall been good! :cool:

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
My 3 and a half year old CX-5 is looking good after a car wash today 😀 :cool:
20180323_163504.jpg

Last edited:

thomas998

My 3 and a half year old CX-5 is looking good after a car wash today 😀 :cool:View attachment 272034
I've had the same Mazda Miata for almost 20 years and put almost 200,000 miles on it... during that time I have had to replace a fuel pump, 1 alternator and 2 batteries... of course one clutch and 1 timing belt and numerous tires and brake pads because they don't last forever... but that has been it... compared to a Honda Accord that my wife drive very little and spent a considerable amount of time in the shop for all sorts of problems... not to mention the EGR valve that even when replaced would go bad in less than 6 months on a continual basis (not a big worry when the warranty covered it but after the warranty expired it became a problem)... Over the years I've spent much more money on that stupid Honda that is much newer than I have on the Mazda. Over the years the Mazda has been the least costly car I've ever had... And I've gone through lots of different cars, Ford, Buick, Chevrolet, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, GMC, FIAT, Triumph and some I've probably forgotten on purpose because they were such money pits. But like you my Mazda did have 2 recalls when I first got it, but once fixed it was nearly bullet proof.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
I've had the same Mazda Miata for almost 20 years and put almost 200,000 miles on it... during that time I have had to replace a fuel pump, 1 alternator and 2 batteries... of course one clutch and 1 timing belt and numerous tires and brake pads because they don't last forever... but that has been it... compared to a Honda Accord that my wife drive very little and spent a considerable amount of time in the shop for all sorts of problems... not to mention the EGR valve that even when replaced would go bad in less than 6 months on a continual basis (not a big worry when the warranty covered it but after the warranty expired it became a problem)... Over the years I've spent much more money on that stupid Honda that is much newer than I have on the Mazda. Over the years the Mazda has been the least costly car I've ever had... And I've gone through lots of different cars, Ford, Buick, Chevrolet, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, GMC, FIAT, Triumph and some I've probably forgotten on purpose because they were such money pits. But like you my Mazda did have 2 recalls when I first got it, but once fixed it was nearly bullet proof.
Correct. Since my OP , my Mazda has now reached 41,500 miles. It has been problem free. Really super reliable and enjoyable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom