Mayhem at the Mansion app new for MNSSHP?

raymusiccity

This! I am soooo sick of seeing people on their phones everywhere, but especially at WDW, not even paying attention to their surroundings.

At Rock Your Disney Side, it was about 4 am and so many people were sitting on their butts on their phones, or with their phones plugged up essentially cuffed to the outlets. Attraction wait times were so minimal....and yet folks were just scrolling through who know what. I was absolutely bewildered!

I think this trend has promise. Maybe the minimal wait times were being helped by so many people paying more attention to their phones :) It's similar to my daughter saying, 'let's go on the rides while everyone else is watching the parade!'....

Let's install more phone chargers and tether as many people as we can!

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
This! I am soooo sick of seeing people on their phones everywhere, but especially at WDW, not even paying attention to their surroundings.

Welcome to the 21st Century! It bothers me too, but I figure it's their loss.
I have to wonder though, what would Walt think of this technology and the distraction it creates sometimes?

NMBC1993

At Rock Your Disney Side, it was about 4 am and so many people were sitting on their butts on their phones, or with their phones plugged up essentially cuffed to the outlets. Attraction wait times were so minimal....and yet folks were just scrolling through who know what. I was absolutely bewildered!

Then why do we need interactive queues instead of maintaining the actual attraction? Most people are still pushing buttons either way...

tirian

Relax, people. It's an augmented reality app that was budgeted through Yellow Shoes marketing. It's not stealing money from WDI's "real" attractions.

And it's going to be pretty cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom