May 26 - Latest aerial view of the entire Fantasyland construction site

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I love these looks. It really helps you see the true size of this expansion!

So, wondering, are they just going to use trees / bushes to block the backside view of TLM from Circusland? I realize that area right now is there for construction access, I'm just guessing that they will have to do something to block the show building from the back.

Do I see the beginnings of the new castle wall to the right of Dumbo? It looks like concrete forms in a zig-zag pattern just inside the construction walls.

Any ideas on what the new large light colored area might be across from Pooh?

ToTBellHop

Do I see the beginnings of the new castle wall to the right of Dumbo? It looks like concrete forms in a zig-zag pattern just inside the construction walls.

There are a couple pads that look like that--perhaps new waterways?

Lee

Adventurer
Yep, that is the beginnings of that section of wall.
(Tidbit: Something called "Knight's Merchandise" is indicated to go along that wall, as well.)

Not sure about the light-colored areas. I don't believe I have anything that shows a water feature in that spot.

I asked that a while back on another thread and was told that is the roof of one of the utilidors.
He was referring to a different spot, across from Pooh. The utilidor roof area is over by Dumbo.

Rob562

My guess is that it's for the Pooh FastPass machines.

They're still using the ones by Philharmagic, so perhaps they're trying to push this ahead so it can open quickly, and then just route the construction walls around it when it's done.

-Rob

IWant2GoNow

Thanks, Scott and Steve! :sohappy:

I always look forward to these. Kinda surprised he went all the way up there for one shot though... hmm...

All looks good to me. Wish we could see more of the Dumbo construction over by the "Speed"way.

I know everyone was excited for the rockwork to start but now I'm chomping at the bit waiting for landscaping! Trees, shrubs, bushes, waterways... The scenery is still what I'm most excited about! :D

Kristamouse

Forgive my ignorance but where does the Mine Coaster fit in? I am sure it is large, obvious and staring me in the face...I am thinking the large building next to the Big Tops is The Little Mermaid and is the building on the opposite side the Beast’s Castle/Area with the little castle on top…so does Snow White fit in the middle?
Thanks!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Forgive my ignorance but where does the Mine Coaster fit in? I am sure it is large, obvious and staring me in the face...I am thinking the large building next to the Big Tops is The Little Mermaid and is the building on the opposite side the Beast’s Castle/Area with the little castle on top…so does Snow White fit in the middle?
Thanks!

In the picture if you look at the long line of trees just behind the construction wall going from near Dumbo to near Mad Tea Party, that's approximalty where the front edge of the Mine Coaster will be and it will extend back into the big open area in front of BatB and Mermaid.

007mickey

Belle's cottage is reeeeeally yellow!

I can't tell if you really wanted to know this but...it's "really yellow" due the exterior sheathing product being used called Densglass gold. Like Lee said, it won't be yellow long. They will eventually veneer the cottage in wood or brick or stucco, etc. Lee might know what the eventual finish product is going to be.

ob1thx1138

Looks like they have exposed the roof of the utilidoors in a couple more places right in front of Pooh. I wonder if this is the beginings of the Mine Train construction or maybe just some preliminary discovery excavations.

Captain Chaos

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom