May 2015

wsmith1978

Honeymoon scheduled for May 3-13, 2015. What kind of weather and crowd levels can we expect? This will be our first non-February trip :)

DVCPluto

We stayed at BWV in May of 2013 and the weather was awesome! We had some cooler mornings and some hot days, but I tend to want some heat since we live in PA. Very little rain - but that can vary.

Crowd levels were great, too. Congrats and enjoy your honeymoon!!

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

So exciting!!!! We had our honeymoon there May 7-13, 2001!! We were also there in May of 2006 for our 5 year. I remember the weather being great and if it did rain it was only for like 15 minutes then it was done.

Not sure if they still do the Honeymoon package but we got it when we went. Back then it was only about $200 or so and included a pair of wedding watches, honeymoon collector trading pin, and a private photo shoot in the MK with prints of all of the photos and a collector photo album. I want to say the photo shoot was just before/after park open so MK was almost empty so we got great photo's we would not have gotten otherwise. Well worth the extra.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

We go nearly every May, and weather is usually beautiful! Last year we experienced quite a bit more rain than we were used to, a few full days of it. But it didn't ruin our time. We used poncho's, and had one of our favorite days out in the rain. I noted that the week before & after ours had almost no rain...grr. :p Crowds have almost always been pretty manageable at this time too. Great time to visit!

Upvote 0

wsmith1978

Original Poster
One of my favorite nights from our last trip was an evening of downpours. MK cleared out and we rode almost every ride in the park with no wait. :)

Upvote 0

ImagineerDude

May 1-5 last year. It rained ALL DAY on the 2nd (my birthday) and we marched through in our ponchos and had fun. We just went at a bad time because by our last couple days it was really nice. Everyone said that there are low crowds, but I thought they were pretty average. (probably because we didn't go during the week) HAVE FUN!

Upvote 0

wsmith1978

Original Poster
I think, these days, "low crowds" is a relative term that means any day where there aren't phase closings. ;) It's always busy, but that's okay, you can manage if you plan accordingly! :)

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We visited May 4-10, 2014 and had beautiful weather (mostly sunny with a couple of scattered showers, which invariably occurred while we were inside attractions and not when we were actually outdoors!), and moderate (average) crowds. (If you are used to going early in February, you will find lines a little longer than you're used to, but nothing outrageous...) It's a great time to visit -- you'll still need a decent touring plan and advanced FP+ and ADRs to maximize your trip, but given how long you'll be there, you should have ample time to do everything you want to. The Flower & Garden Festival will be sprucing up Epcot, and providing some extra snacking opportunities, and you can celebrate Cinco de Mayo with a stop at the bar in the Mexico Pavilion. Have a great time!

Upvote 0

wsmith1978

Original Poster
Some wonderful ideas, thank you! Yes, I'm very much looking forward to seeing the Flower and Garden Festival for the first time. :)

Upvote 0

bee

We went for my GF's birthday weekend May 2014. The weather was bearable, and even though it was also Memorial Day weekend the crowds weren't horrible. You should be fine that early in May.

Upvote 0

Courtney6682

We went the first week of May in 2011 and the longest we waited for ANYTHING in all parks was 20 mins! It did get reallly hot tho at the end of the trip...the day before we left it was 97!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom