May 10-14 Trip to WDW

Sunday, May 9 - Drove down from NC arriving at 7:00 PM and checked into CS. Good, but not great room location (Bldg 3). Asked to be put on the move list for the following day (Bldg 9b). Drove over to the Poly to watch Wishes and the Electric Water Pagent from the beach.

Monday, May 10 - After breakfast, checked with Guest Rel and politely pleaded to be moved to 9b. My mom had just had surgery, so when we stated a medical need for keeping the walking at the resort to a minimum. They relented and moved us to 9b (technically a water view, but just a small lagoon) at no additional cost. Hopped the bus to MGM, arriving at 10:00 AM. Straight to ToT and RnRC. About a 10 min wait for each. Mom attended the pre-show with me, then chickened out for the rides. The music stopped working shortly after take-off on R&RC. I asked other riders if their headsets had worked or not, and everyone said they'd stopped soon after launch. So, I mentioned this to a CM and was offered another ride via the exit, so no waiting :sohappy: Next was The Great Movie Ride then back to the resort for a nap for Mom and a swim for me. Back to MGM for an early dinner at the Brown Derby (Fantasmic package). As soon as dinner was finished, it was time for the parade. Got good, but not great location for viewing. A few really nice photos. Next was the Backlot Tour (disappointing since the change) then BATB show. Mom loved it! Looked in the shops then went to Oscar's to go in the back way to Fantasmic, which was amazing, as always.

Tuesday, May 11 - Took the bus over to Epcot and rode TT (10 min wait) then Living with the Land (again, 10 min wait). Walked onto SSE on the way out and hopped the monorail to TTC. At TTC, transfered to MK Express & asked to ride up front with the pilot, and did. It was great and got some good photos. AT MK went straight to Cinderella's Castle for priority seating at noon. I highly recommend the sweet potato chips served with the Coachman sandwich. Yum! FL was jammed - 45 min wait for everything, so we went to the HM and walked on. Next was the HoP then the train to the main gate to go back to the resort for our daily nap for mom and swim for me. Took the bus back around 6:00 PM and headed for TL. Rode Buzz (another 10 min wait) then walked onto TTA and CoP. Next was Mickey's Philharmagic (5 min wait) then time for SpectroMagic. Got a rocking chair on the porch of the Liberty Tree for mom, so all was good. Walked (crawled) back through the crowds to the hub and got mom a seat on the stone bench around Walt's stature with Mickey for Wishes @ 10:00 PM. Loved Wishes!

Wednesday, May 12 - Took the day off from the parks and shopped and resort hopped instead. Started at DTD then back to CS for a swim. Got gussyed up and went to GF for priority seating at the Garden View for tea at 4:30 PM. We both had the complete tea and were so full we didn't eat again that night. After browsing the shops and buying GF slippers (50% off!) we drove over to AKL to look around. Mom lived in Africa for 3 years and I visited, so we wanted to check out the animals, art, and architechture. AKL was beautiful and a must see. We plan to stay there sometime.

Thursday, May 13 - Drove to AK and parked right up front. Headed straight to KS and you guessed it, the wait time was 10 min. Didn't see a ton of animals, even though it was still early, but we got a great view and photos of the baby elephant. :) Took the train to Conservation Station, but not much going on. Came back and ate lunch at Tusker House. Was offered coupons when we ordered lunch that cost $2 and were valid for 1 water or soda and 1 ice ceram or pop corn. I know Disney sells these hoping you won't use them, but we most certainly did and saved $3 each. Took more photos at the backside of the ToL and watched a stilt walker dressed as a tree do amazing things. Caught the 1:00 FoW show. I was selected to go up on stage to take a picture of an owl flying straight at me, but the owl flew away, so no pix. Next we made it to the 1:45 show of Tarzan Rocks. Mom was fading so we cashed in our coupons for water and Mickey premium bars and took a break at the tables near the water next to Flame Tree BBQ. Strolled over to ITTBAB and waited 5 min or so until admitted. Mom loved the show, except for the stink bug :dazzle: Came out at the handicapped seating for the parade and found a seat on a bench (in the shade) for mom. Took more pics then headed back to CS for the usual nap/swim. Got going again around 6:30 and drove over to Boardwalk for dinner at the ESPN Club. There was a line, but since we were a party of 2, we were seated right away. Kind of a Magical Gathering in reverse. Shopped and watched street performers until time for Illuminations at 9:00 PM. Watched from a bench in front of Jellyrolls. Started to go into Jellyrolls for an hour or so, but the A/C was turned up to freezing, so we went back to the resort instead.

Friday, May 14 - Last day :cry: Took the bus to MK in order to ride the monorail over to Epcot (it's the only way to do the loop through Future World). Got to ride up front with the pilot (again) from MK to TTC, but not from TTC to Epcot. Can't have it all. Did HISTA and Imagination then on to The Living Seas. Stopped in at Festival Headquarters for the Flower and Garden show, but didn't have much time. Had to beat it over to France for 1:00 priority seating for lunch at the 3 Chefs. Ate way too much food (so yummy) then toured the perfum garden. Strolled through Morraco then grabbed a Friendship taxi back over to Canda to go back for the usual nap and swim (only this time I fell asleep at the pool)! Got going again at 6:00 PM and walked around WS starting at Mexico & stopping briefly in Norway, China, Germany & Italy (saw the statue lady - hysterical) to the Turtles concert at the American Garden Theater. Didn't make it to Japan, but back-tracked to the bridge at Mexico to get a good spot for Illuminations. We were 1 deep from the rail at 10 min to 9:00 PM! Just as the fireworks started, a tall teenaged guy offered his rail spot to me and my mom. Since we are very short and he had no trouble seeing over us, we stood sideways and all three sort of squeezed in. It was so nice of him to notice us straining so see over and between the front row and offer to stand behind us. I can't thank him enough as this was my mom's first time to see Illuminations (which she loved - of course). We shopped in Mouse Gear until 10:00 PM and walked up to our bus stop just as the CS bus arrived. Sad to go, but happy we came.

Saturday, May 15 - Had one last breakfast at the Pepper Market and shopped some more. Bought CS t-shirts and mugs. Left at 11:00 AM and drove over to PC to have a look-see. Very nice and new. Noticed frozen coke and orange on the beverage fountain :slurp: Hit the gift shop (my mom had become hooked on the pins in one visit) then on the road by noon. :wave:
I'm going back the week of Oct 11 so hope springs eternal. See you real soon!

imamouse

Original Poster
Thanks~I'm a confirmed Disney junky, as I suspect is everyone who posts on these discussion boards.
Will you be posting a trip report? Since I didn't get to many of the thrill rides, or any of the FL rides, I'm wondering how my experience during the week of May 10-14 stacks up to others.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom