MAXPass (upcharge mobile Fastpasses) coming to Disneyland...impacts to WDW?

mickEblu

I wonder how that will work. At WDW you each need to tap your band and then when it's green it means the fast pass is on the band and your time is now. Quick, easy. If it's one smartphone with 5 fast passes do they have to look at the screen? Do you tap it 5 times? Do you have to select each ticket, tap, select next, tap.

Or did they test the tap readers but this will be much simpler, a virtual ticket on the phone you just show? But then how would they know it's used? Maybe they just scan a code on the phone like if you went to a sports event.

Good questions. Hopefully it's as user friendly and seamless as possible. I was thinking about how the fast passes will be booked but didn't get around to thinking how they will be scanned.

mickEblu

Not sure if you can do this everywhere or not, but...on one occasion I entered the FP line near the end of the window printed on the paper FP and the CM told me that I could just keep it as a souvenir if I wanted to. Perfectly good FP, used *and* kept.

This is genius. Thank you :)

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Charging for the mobile FP option is BS, even if you do get pix with it. Basically it says that if you buy mobile pictures, you get better FP access than if you don't. It's upcharging mobile FPs. For once, it's Disneyland doing the cash grab!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

21stamps

that was part of the big NextGen project at WDW... which clearly people take for granted now...

My local amusement has had wifi for quite a few years now. (As well as an extremely convenient "find my car" feature on the app-my most used and favorite thing lol) I was just surprised that Disneyland doesn't have a guest wifi network.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
In all honesty, if they had done this as a 'path to conversion' from FP to FP+, I think things would have gone smoother for MDE.

But we are on a slippery slope now, doesn't look like it will be long before non-resort WDW guests are paying for FP+ access.

And resort guests are paying for extra FP's, Where is the chorus who said Disney will NEVER monetize Fastpass...

Virtual Toad

As a very frequent long-time WDW visitor who spent a week last December at DL, I can't stress enough how nice, simple, convenient, and refreshing it was to use the traditional paper FP system once again.

Not having to hyper-plan everything months in advance made our visit much more enjoyable.

Be careful what you wish for West-Coasters. DL is superior because it's managed all these years *not* to act like it's younger sibling in Florida. Hold onto the paper FP system and don't let go.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
As a very frequent long-time WDW visitor who spent a week last December at DL, I can't stress enough how nice, simple, convenient, and refreshing it was to use the traditional paper FP system once again.

Not having to hyper-plan everything months in advance made our visit much more enjoyable.

Be careful what you wish for West-Coasters. DL is superior because it's managed all these years *not* to act like it's younger sibling in Florida. Hold onto the paper FP system and don't let go.

This, time a googolplex!!!!! I could not agree more with everything you said. Our late August/early September visit to DL was refreshingly stress-free with the "old"/paper FastPass system. I was utterly fantastic to know that you had the same opportunity [take that, TDA! ;)] to get FastPasses as anyone else in the park. And, as an added bonus, FastPasses didn't run out for most attractions by 1pm!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

Having experienced FP+, I now greatly dislike the old system. Running across the damn park to get a fastpass is an experience that I do not miss at WDW and do not like at Disneyland. Needing to be there at rope drop to get fastpasses for popular attractions at reasonable times is something I do not miss at WDW and do not like Disneyland. And being able to actually pick my FP time, rather than take the one being offerred, is something I really like at WDW, and miss when I'm at Disneyland (of course, if they don't enforce the end of the FP window at DL, that one doesn't matter much).

Johnguelff

Cedar Point fast pass is 100$ a day. On top of 65$ park ticket. The fast pass lines are always packed. But lines at CP can be 2-3 hours on normal days. Hopefully Disney never smells blood and makes us pay for all fast pass.

21stamps

Cedar Point fast pass is 100$ a day. On top of 65$ park ticket. The fast pass lines are always packed. But lines at CP can be 2-3 hours on normal days. Hopefully Disney never smells blood and makes us pay for all fast pass.
Yep. This is why I always say that they won't do it.

They can't do a $100 price point. Too many people would buy it. They'd be flooded with guest complaints. The current FP system is used to distribute crowds. The Cedar Fair/6 Flags/Uni Fast Lane Passes are not. It works at all of the above, but I don't think it would work at WDW.

You can do an Ultimate Day of Thrills for $299. That's the closest you can get and is actually not a terrible deal. During my trip it was only offered on Fridays though, not sure if that's always the case.

Bandini

Having experienced FP+, I now greatly dislike the old system. Running across the damn park to get a fastpass is an experience that I do not miss at WDW and do not like at Disneyland. Needing to be there at rope drop to get fastpasses for popular attractions at reasonable times is something I do not miss at WDW and do not like Disneyland. And being able to actually pick my FP time, rather than take the one being offerred, is something I really like at WDW, and miss when I'm at Disneyland (of course, if they don't enforce the end of the FP window at DL, that one doesn't matter much).
This whole premise that you have to "run" all over DL to get FP's is really funny. Honestly, the park isn't that big, and the rides with FP are pretty close to each other : BTM, Splash, and Indy on one side and SM, ST, BL on the other. Also, there aren't that many rides that have FP's, thank goodness
  • Big Thunder Mountain.
  • Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters – disconnected – grab this whenever you want!
  • Haunted Mansion.
  • Indiana Jones Adventure.
  • Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin.
  • Space Mountain – with the Hyperspace Overlay.
  • Splash Mountain.
  • Star Tours
I think the HM FP machine is only open during the Christmas overlay.
I just hope the management doesn't slap FP on a bunch of rides that don't need it, like they did at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom