MAXPass (upcharge mobile Fastpasses) coming to Disneyland...impacts to WDW?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The $10 is for the photos, not the FP

No, it's not.

"Later this year, we will launch Disney MaxPass, which will allow guests to maximize their experience by providing unlimited downloads of their high-resolution PhotoPass images and by enabling the convenience of mobile booking and redemption of Disney FASTPASS return times – all by using the Disneyland App."

The photo downloads are just a red herring.

DisneyJoe

No, it's not.

"Later this year, we will launch Disney MaxPass, which will allow guests to maximize their experience by providing unlimited downloads of their high-resolution PhotoPass images and by enabling the convenience of mobile booking and redemption of Disney FASTPASS return times – all by using the Disneyland App."

The photo downloads are just a red herring.
My mistake.

$10 for the photos and the ability to use the app. Walking to the kiosks are still free.

MagicMike

Seems like everyone's skipping over the "introductory price" part of the $10... Sounds like the upcharge will be, well, upcharged down the line.

I agree, the aggressively inexpensive "introductory price" will help drive up usage and make it sustainable. It will be increased incrementally as they add accessibility to more attractions and events. If it becomes a viable add-on for Disneyland, rest assured, an additional FastPass+ up-charge option for WDW will happen.

VJ

I agree, the aggressively inexpensive "introductory price" will help drive up usage and make it sustainable. It will be up-charged as they add accessibility to more attractions and events. If it becomes a viable add-on for Disneyland, rest assured, an additional FastPass+ up charge option for WDW will happen.
Exactly. "I have altered the deal" comes to mind... but then again, Disney always does; whether you like it or not.

Phroobar

54be60c570af9b57119eed9f266bbfb52026dccf168204ceee7ca04058978051.jpg

UofMGuy423

Is it $10 for each ticket holder? Or just $10 per day for the photo pass feature. How would that work for a family of 5? Not like all 5 family members would need to download the same photo.

Disney Analyst

Is it $10 for each ticket holder? Or just $10 per day for the photo pass feature. How would that work for a family of 5? Not like all 5 family members would need to download the same photo.

I would assume it's 10 dollar per person, to be able to book Fast Pass virtually on their ticket.

mickEblu

I hope they are introducing a Wifi Network with this, or else international visitors won't be able to use the app without incurring insane data charges.

Yeah and if they are charging for this feature, the decent thing to do would be to offer free Wifi. But with the new portable charging batteries they re selling I'm not holding my breath. It's genius, charge for the new FP max pass feature but offer no wifi so everyone's batteries die and then they have to buy the charging batteries too. (Or a mophie from Best Buy)

So I'm guessing it will be 10$ per person with the ability to link to one persons app so a family won't have to pull out 5 phones when it's time to book FPs. Of course there also people and young kids that don't have smartphones.

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Yeah and if they are charging for this feature, the decent thing to do would be have Wifi. So I'm guessing it will be 10$ per person with the ability to link to one persons app so a family won't have to pull out 5 phones when it's time to book FPs. Of course there also people and young kids that don't have smartphones.

I wonder how that will work. At WDW you each need to tap your band and then when it's green it means the fast pass is on the band and your time is now. Quick, easy. If it's one smartphone with 5 fast passes do they have to look at the screen? Do you tap it 5 times? Do you have to select each ticket, tap, select next, tap.

Or did they test the tap readers but this will be much simpler, a virtual ticket on the phone you just show? But then how would they know it's used? Maybe they just scan a code on the phone like if you went to a sports event.

habuma

...and become collectibles. Stock up now. Only problem is I always have a hard time NOT using a perfectly good Fast Pass.

Not sure if you can do this everywhere or not, but...on one occasion I entered the FP line near the end of the window printed on the paper FP and the CM told me that I could just keep it as a souvenir if I wanted to. Perfectly good FP, used *and* kept.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom