MAXPass (upcharge mobile Fastpasses) coming to Disneyland...impacts to WDW?

socaljoeyb

Original Poster
I read it as the cost is $10 for unlimited PhotoPass photos, which is an insane deal compared to WDW.

I see it differently...
"Later this year, we will launch Disney MaxPass, which will allow guests to maximize their experience by providing unlimited downloads of their high-resolution PhotoPass images and by enabling the convenience of mobile booking and redemption of Disney FASTPASS return times – all by using the Disneyland App. Disney MaxPass will be available for an introductory price of $10 a day. Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders also will have the opportunity to purchase Disney MaxPass on a daily or yearly basis.:

socaljoeyb

Original Poster
Guests will continue to have the option of Disney FASTPASS service at no cost by obtaining FASTPASSES at attraction FASTPASS kiosks, just as they do today.

The addition of these two new Disney FASTPASS locations and the introduction of Disney MaxPass is part of our ongoing commitment to providing guests with opportunities to customize their experiences and make it even easier than ever to create unforgettable memories.

21stamps

I see it differently...
"Later this year, we will launch Disney MaxPass, which will allow guests to maximize their experience by providing unlimited downloads of their high-resolution PhotoPass images and by enabling the convenience of mobile booking and redemption of Disney FASTPASS return times – all by using the Disneyland App. Disney MaxPass will be available for an introductory price of $10 a day. Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders also will have the opportunity to purchase Disney MaxPass on a daily or yearly basis.:

How is that different?
I don't see the big deal with this. Sounds like a bargain actually.
Can't see it coming to WDW. There's no reason.

JS514

It seems that you will be able to walk to the attraction to get a FastPass. If you want to get a FastPass from your phone you will need to buy MAXPass, which also gives you a product similar to MemoryMaker. It's $10 a day for MAXPass and will be availiable as an AP addon.

Maybe I remember incorrectly, but WDW used to have the physical kiosks at the rides where you would go up and it would print you out a ticket (not even sure you could pick the time) and you would then turn in the ticket to the CM at the ride in the time allotted. I feel as though the MAXPass is basically just what WDW has already had for years now - a completely digital FP system..of course with the exclusion of the unlimited MM photos.

21stamps

I was thinking they might do this MaxPass and charge non resort guests and AP's to book FP+ in advance and make everyone else use the kiosks.
I have no clue. The photo thing is what sounds awesome to me, but the APs already have that. I think I'd still do the $10 FP if I was a DL passholder though...or do the pass holders get it included?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
"Today, I’m excited to announce further expansion of Disney FASTPASS coming to two of our most popular attractions — Toy Story Mania in Disney California Adventure park and Matterhorn Bobsleds in Disneyland park!"

I wouldn't really consider that a plus in my book...

And... *cue ominous clouds*... Looks like the monetizing of the FP system (that some swore would NEVER happen) has begun.

Bolt

In all honesty, if they had done this as a 'path to conversion' from FP to FP+, I think things would have gone smoother for MDE.

But we are on a slippery slope now, doesn't look like it will be long before non-resort WDW guests are paying for FP+ access.
If they wanted to charge for FastPass, I honestly feel they would just started it when Magic Bands rolled out

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Another quote from the DL blog post: "The addition of these two new Disney FASTPASS locations and the introduction of Disney MaxPass is part of our ongoing commitment to providing guests with opportunities to customize their experiences and make it even easier than ever to create unforgettable memories." (Emphasis added)

For a small fee. For now. :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom