Maxpass / Rider Switch for Two families of 3

Roy G. Dis

Original Poster
Is there any strategy or point to Rider Switch if my wife and I (with <1yr old) and another couple (also <1yr old) wanted to go on parents-only rides?

For example, can group A (couple 1) have two maxpass resv's to GOG and group B (couple 2) not have maxpass resv's but get rider switch passes while they watch the two small children, then, after Group A is done Group B will go and jump the line and ride GOG with rider switch with Group A now watching the kids?

That is... can one large group of 4 adults get to ride a ride when there was only 2 maxpass resv's to begin with, simple because half of the group was watching the maxpass group's kid while they rode the ride? Or do all four adults need maxpass resv's?

I have never used rider switch before, does it completely ignore the maxpass component? I think I read that some CMs will want to make sure everyone has the maxpass before issuing a rider switch to the "child watching" group.

I am not sure if that all made sense. Thank you!

George Lucas on a Bench

Sounds confusing. Why wouldn't everyone have FP? What you do is explain to a CM that you want to do rider switch and how many people are in your party. Everyone's ticket is scanned and given a return window depending on the wait.

Roy G. Dis

Original Poster
If everyone has a FP then we don't really need rider switch because 2 people will ride while the other 2 stay back and then the first two will watch the kids while the other two adults ride.

Is there a way for Dad 1 and Dad 2 to get fastpasses to Ride A while Mom 1 and Mom 2 get fastpasses to Ride B, combine this with rider switch so it's actually the equivalent of 4 fastpasses worth for the two rides?

Order being:
Dads Ride A (FP)
Moms Ride A (Rider Switch)
Moms Ride B (FP)
Dads Ride B (Rider Switch)

Or.. if Dad 1 rolls up to his FP and says he wants a rider switch for the Mom 1..will they say "well Mom 1 doesn't have a FP for this ride so no rider switch for you!"?

mickEblu

Ok so I think there is a gray area here.

If you are waiting standby it’s pretty straight forward as one person from the original party can bring 2 people with them on the second ride. They don’t enforce someone from the original party going with you on the second ride.

Now as for your question, I do not believe that both couples would need MaxPass which seems like a loophole. I’ve piggy backed off of an FP rider switch before with no FP myself. They just scan the tickets of everyone going on the second ride. It appears they don’t check if every ticket has a Fastpass for that particular ride.

mickEblu

If everyone has a FP then we don't really need rider switch because 2 people will ride while the other 2 stay back and then the first two will watch the kids while the other two adults ride.

Is there a way for Dad 1 and Dad 2 to get fastpasses to Ride A while Mom 1 and Mom 2 get fastpasses to Ride B, combine this with rider switch so it's actually the equivalent of 4 fastpasses worth for the two rides?

Order being:
Dads Ride A (FP)
Moms Ride A (Rider Switch)
Moms Ride B (FP)
Dads Ride B (Rider Switch)

Or.. if Dad 1 rolls up to his FP and says he wants a rider switch for the Mom 1..will they say "well Mom 1 doesn't have a FP for this ride so no rider switch for you!"?

Oh. At first it sounded like you were trying to save money by not buying an additional 2 MaxPasses. Yeah if everyone has a FP in your situation then there is no benefit having rider switch except for that 1 extra person from the original party could get on the second ride

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom